• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • esqappellate

President, MSI
    Feb 12, 2012
    OK, clearer.

From your previous post, I got the impression you were supporting the DC letter as establishing one as a bona fide collection.

I did read it quickly.

Au contraire, M. "Bona Fide Collector" status is always a question of fact. DC status is merely probative evidence on that question. And, there always remains the *rest* of the statutory requirements which must *also* be satisfied.

brianns

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 29, 2015
    Montgomery County
    I work for a gun store in Maryland (Baltimore County) and the owner allows employees to carry a firearm in the store to help discourage "problems". My question is this, are employees legally allowed to wear firearm while outside the store but still on the store property. (Example: While taking outthe trash or carrying something to a customers car). If this accepible, could someone point me to the law or legal code that specifies this? Thank you in advance for your help.

Did you ask your employer about this? I would hope a gun store owner would be able to explain to a certain level of detail such things. Or at least be able to suggest where to research it or assist you in getting a carry permit.

doublins

Dec 16, 2015
    AA County
    Not correct. Unless your property is a place covered by 4-203 (eg., a range), they cannot transport a handgun to or possess a handgun on your property.

Man, how did I have such a poor understanding of this? I try to exercise due diligence to have a full and complete understanding of the laws, and I was way off base on this one.

esqappellate

President, MSI
    Feb 12, 2012
    Man, how did I have such a poor understanding of this? I try to exercise due diligence to have a full and complete understanding of the laws, and I was way off base on this one.

Don't be too hard on yourself. Lots of people make that mistake. :) Just start from the premise of 4-203 of a total ban on "wear, carry or transport" (note the disjunctive) and then look for an exception listed in 4-203(b). If no exception applies, then the ban remains applicable.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom