• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    How many documents are required to establish you as a business owner to show good and substantial reasoning.. I think I have a unique case that may make it hard for me to prove certain aspects they may want.

I have a business that deals in cash, lots of cash. my business is a bar/strip club which requires me to do frequent bank runs to do denomination changes normally 10k worth of big bills for small bills twice a week, sometimes more.. the catch is I lease the space, and the people I lease from hold all of the licensing(traders, liquor, adult entertainment, etc) because it is attached to the building. I do have llc, federal ein, bank account showing cash deposits, and proof from said bank account that i pay all fees associated with business including sales tax and liquor invoices and supplies. lets just say for privacy sake my llc is "smith llc" but all licenses is in "smith inc." my bank deposits show anywhere from 10 -20k cash deposits a month. Wont have a schedule c to show because the business was just started this year. My accountant has his wear and carry and seems to think it shouldnt be an issue to do under just the llc. but I'm not sure,

Welcome marvelouzone!

Perhaps go here and give an introduction of yourself, so we can know you better:

https://www.mdshooters.com/forumdisplay.php?f=119

Maryland Shooters often has meet-ups, and I can see one at your establishment being popular. :)

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Just got my renewal back 2 weeks ago. The turn around was about a month. Didn’t send anything in other than the app and none of my references were contacted.

Best of all, the restrictions were substantially less onerous.

Anyone who thinks things will be the same under a Democratic administration is delusional.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Inquiring minds want to know, what were the old restrictions and what are the new ones?

paulfx273

Apr 15, 2013
    Quick Question

Does anyone know if MD has a restriction on the number of rounds, magazines or mag size you can carry as a concealed carry permit holder

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    No limit on mags. 20 round limit

Please clarify. Sounds like you couldn't carry 10+1, and a spare 10? Don't recall seeing/hearing that during W&C instruction (not that that's a very high bar for information accuracy!). What happens if you have, say, 8+1+8 ... and then a backup piece? So many fun, mysterious ways to get in trouble in Maryland.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Unlike the DC statute that actually specifies how many rounds you may “carry”, the MD statute address mag capacity only, so you may carry +1 with as many mags as you want.

But IANAL either

knastera

Just another shooter
    May 6, 2013
    Baltimore County
    By the way, here is an update on waiting times:
    -mid January, applied for W&C
    -early March, State Police interview
    -late March, received restricted permit and immediately filed an appeal for unrestricted
    -May, received acknowledgement of appeal request
    -August, received December hearing date

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Come to think of it, I also don't recall ever seeing the issue of a limit on carry pieces (say, waist/ankle, or waist/bag). Not that carrying two at a time would be anything but rare for pretty much everybody, but I don't recall seeing that discussed. BGOS-ers want to know!

ShafTed

Ultimate Member
    Mar 21, 2013
    Juuuuust over the line
    Unlike the DC statute that actually specifies how many rounds you may “carry”, the MD statute address mag capacity only, so you may carry +1 as long as the mag does not exceed 20.

But IANAL either

Are you sure about this? I know there is no limit on mag size you can own, posses, and use in MD so I don't see why carry should be any different. There is a limit of 10 (now, was 20 before Oct 2013) on buy, sell, trade, or transfer ownership within the state.

AFAIK, you should be legal to carry any number of magazines of any capacity that you want. (Except in DC, as noted)

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    my bad, its purchase in state of 10. I will correct my posts. there is no limit on number of mags though or chambering a round.

And possession of > 10 is legal. Just not for in state purchase.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    No limit on the amount of rounds or amount of firearms carried by valid Wear and Carry permit holders.

On the off chance that you use your heater in the commission of a felony with more than 10 rounds in it you could be prosecuted under 4-306.

§4–306.
    (a) Except as otherwise provided in this subtitle, a person who violates this subtitle is guilty of a misdemeanor and on conviction is subject to imprisonment not exceeding 3 years or a fine not exceeding $5,000 or both.
    (b) (1) A person who uses an assault weapon, or a magazine that has a capacity of more than 10 rounds of ammunition, in the commission of a felony or a crime of violence as defined in § 5–101 of the Public Safety Article is guilty of a misdemeanor and on conviction, in addition to any other sentence imposed for the felony or crime of violence, shall be sentenced under this subsection.
    (2) (i) For a first violation, the person shall be sentenced to imprisonment for not less than 5 years and not exceeding 20 years.
    (ii) The court may not impose less than the minimum sentence of 5 years.
    (iii) The mandatory minimum sentence of 5 years may not be suspended.
    (iv) Except as otherwise provided in § 4–305 of the Correctional Services Article, the person is not eligible for parole in less than 5 years.
    (3) (i) For each subsequent violation, the person shall be sentenced to imprisonment for not less than 10 years and not exceeding 20 years.
    (ii) The court may not impose less than the minimum sentence of 10 years.
    (iii) A sentence imposed under this paragraph shall be consecutive to and not concurrent with any other sentence imposed for the felony or crime of violence.

Nobody

Ultimate Member
    Jan 15, 2009
    Sent in my renewal. Will let you know when i get it back and restriction level. I have no restrictions now.

Nobody

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom