• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Chris

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jun 21, 2005
    Cecil Co, Maryland
    I think I found the lot to build on. I'm looking to do some of it myself (driveway/tree removal/Ag building). Leaving the well, septic, and foundation to the pros. I have contacts for most but we welcome any contacts you or friends have worked with. I was hoping for St Mary's but this lot is right down the road from the grandkids. Hoping to find out how rough are the inspectors down there, are they hardliners or will work with you. Thanks Chris

BigRick

Hooligan #15
    Aug 7, 2012
    Southern Maryland
    Most of the inspectors are good guys. We do have a couple that can be difficult at times. Not sure if Mr. Porter is still the electrical inspector but him and Mr. Micheals will hold to the book and they will not budge if they want something done their way. Not sure about anyone else. Also if you need a Plumbing contractor let me know I've just started my own company and we will give you a small discount since your a member here.

Chris

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jun 21, 2005
    Cecil Co, Maryland
    No permits yet I don't own the lot. We have a couple questions for seller then to settlement we go. Cash sale no banks to muck it up. Has old driveway that will need repair no permit for that I hope since I'm not changing anything. Will have to remove some trees (permit) for a driveway further in the lot plus since I'll be grading slightly (permit). Putting up an Ag building (permit) but no electric or water. And on and on. Chris

Chris

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jun 21, 2005
    Cecil Co, Maryland
    Most likely a farm broken up many years back. Two thirds wooded rest semi open. Services very close should be an easy hook up. Maybe one or two poles unless underground is allowed. Chris

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    Inspectors are fine, same as anywhere, contact tgem early , ask exactly what they want , do your inspections in their order, be respectful and easy peasy

SolomonsCommune

Tomato Grower
    Mar 28, 2013
    Calvert County
    Good luck with the lot. Hopefully, depending on where the lot's located, you get Gary as the building inspector (southern Calvert). He comes off hard as nails, but he's a great guy when you get to know him. Most of them will work with you if you're honest with them and don't try to hide anything.

I'm pretty sure Porter doesn't do inspections anymore but I could be wrong.

Chris

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jun 21, 2005
    Cecil Co, Maryland
    Thanks to all, we put in a contract just waiting for seller to OK. Till we build it will be a nice bow hunting lot. Chris

lowoncash

Baned
    Jan 4, 2010
    Calvert county
    Thanks to all, we put in a contract just waiting for seller to OK. Till we build it will be a nice bow hunting lot. Chris

Please forward the address. I will begin the wildlife quality and quantity inspection. I will also help bring your deer population down to acceptable compliance numbers. There is no fee for this service. Yearly compliance inspections required.

Chris

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jun 21, 2005
    Cecil Co, Maryland
    Please forward the address. I will begin the wildlife quality and quantity inspection. I will also help bring your deer population down to acceptable compliance numbers. There is no fee for this service. Yearly compliance inspections required.

I knew when I hit the button on that post someone would be there to help me. Chris

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom