• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TexDefender

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2017
    Come on now, we can't let California have more laws than us!!!!! :sarcasm: And we need to review the banned firearm listing and remove anything haven't been used in the commission of a violent crime in the state of Maryland!!!

Winephile

Jun 16, 2017
    AA County, Maryland

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    I was wondering about the commitment to an institution. I’m glad that’s answered.

But then I saw a note that said ATF said he bought two guns in August. Correct me if I’m wrong, but unless he was a certified collector, I am pretty sure that the Maryland State police would have to disqualify the second sale in one month.

I am pretty sure you can buy two at a time then you have to wait two months for the next purchase, but I may be wrong

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    I am pretty sure you can buy two at a time then you have to wait two months for the next purchase, but I may be wrong
    You're correct. 60 day wait after a two regulated firearm purchase. No collector status needed.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    If the Democrat lawmakers think the law isn't strong enough in regards to mental health and gun ownership civil rights they should also consider removing another civil right because of mental health specifically the right to vote. If they are to crazy to own a gun IMO they are to crazy to select our leaders. Of course that won't happen because most of them support Democrats.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Sounds like awful policy if Zirkin is proposing to go after voluntary commitments less than 30 days as exclusionary criteria. It would definitely inhibit good people from getting help one or two times in their life where it could make a huge difference. Wonder if they made a change in the voluntary time what the consequence would be for current owners. Ex post facto doesn't seem to be a concern of banners.

2ndMDRebel

Ultimate Member
    Feb 13, 2008
    Hope they don't add a bunch of new disqualifiers then make it so it prohibits current ownership, just imagine if that happens with a PTSD disqualifier.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-08-28 at 2.41.47 PM.jpg
      Screen Shot 2018-08-28 at 2.41.47 PM.jpg
      28.1 KB · Views: 1,045

Boxcab

MSI EM
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 22, 2007
    AA County
    Do they mention re-evaluating those laws that do not work as intended and removing them from the books to minimize confusion within the community, law enforcement and the AG's office?

I thought not. Even though they admit the existing laws don't work, they do not plan on nixing them... just doubling down on stupid, again.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Sounds like awful policy if Zirkin is proposing to go after voluntary commitments less than 30 days as exclusionary criteria. It would definitely inhibit good people from getting help one or two times in their life where it could make a huge difference. Wonder if they made a change in the voluntary time what the consequence would be for current owners. Ex post facto doesn't seem to be a concern of banners.

Yep. They are actively discouraging people from getting help.

Glaron

Camp pureblood 13R
    BANNED!!!
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 20, 2013
    Virginia
    You're correct. 60 day wait after a two regulated firearm purchase. No collector status needed.

The best thing about laws... Keep passing them, then no one knows what to do. So some people will turn down legitimate purchases, or delay. If there are enough confusing laws they will put everyone out of business. Well and raise taxes.

jbrown50

Ultimate Member
    Sep 18, 2014
    DC
    They should revisit the usefulness of the Handgun Qualification License
    ...…. or how useless it was in preventing the Florida shooter from legally purchasing a gun.

zoopal

Jun 13, 2013
    We know that. Maryland lawmakers just waiting for every chance to make gun law tougher until we can not own any type of firearms to make them happy. Instead of helping the one have mental issue

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Aetibbs

Latest threads

Top Bottom