• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Odd, but specific number. Lenco Bearcats are way more than that. Maybe it's a maintenance cost on a "free" military giveaway vehicle.

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    I can make them a better deal than that :-)

0b157634efcaea0af59c14c0137ee786.jpg

FrankOceanXray

Ultimate Member
    Oct 29, 2008
    It's a heck of a lot easier to intimidate the population with an armored military style assault vehicle.

You live in the jurisdiction of this Sheriff and can speak intelligently about the comment which is based simply on a budget number with little detail ? Or your tin foil is getting the best of you?

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    Looks like they already have had an "armored vehicle."

If you google 'Frederick County Sheriff's Office Armored Vehicle' it links to the Wikipedia article and has a picture of some old thing sitting at APG. Retired and donated/sold to the former ordnance museum?

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    You live in the jurisdiction of this Sheriff and can speak intelligently about the comment which is based simply on a budget number with little detail ? Or your tin foil is getting the best of you?

Just wait......you will soon be reiceving a quote from around 1815.

ADR

Ultimate Member
    Aug 17, 2011
    No because they are a waste of taxpayer money. Even in PG and Montgomery counties.

Not saying I 100% disagree with you but it's a county budget so I'm not sure how much it affects you. On the other hand, Carroll County has an armored vehicle as well.

Silverlode

Ultimate Member
    Aug 16, 2010
    Frederick
    Aside from Waco where has an armored vehicle been utilized where in retrospect an armored vehicle was needed? Where has a police dept used one and afterwards been able to say "thank God our officers were in an MRAP or they would all be dead now"?

And in more retrospect, maybe if the pricks hadn't had armored vehicles in Waco they wouldn't have as easily been able to murder the citizenry.

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    No because they are a waste of taxpayer money. Even in PG and Montgomery counties.

Yup it's a waste until you need one and your told it's a hour or more away.

Does the fire department need a tower truck or other uber expensive equipment? Most likely not...but when you do you do.

Part of the gig.

kgain673

I'm sorry for the typos!!
    Dec 18, 2007
    They payout taxpayers will give to the family of a dead deputy who did not have sufficient protection on a barricade incident will make that armored vehicle look like chump change. Just saying. People in rural areas actually barricade more then in the ghetto. They also have more hunting rifles and know how to use them.

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    Aside from Waco where has an armored vehicle been utilized where in retrospect an armored vehicle was needed?

Since you want to sensationalize it I'll do the same.

During the LA Shoot out they borrowed an armored car to get the wounded officers out. They also had to borrow AR-15's to defeat the armor of the bad guys.

All stuff you don't need...until you need it.

There are PLENTY of other legit uses than what I described. But since we are grand standing on "once in a life time major events" figured I'd do the same.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom