• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • stu929

M1 Addict
    Jan 2, 2012
    Hagerstown
    Don't know what was so special about it but On Target has a consignment 1903A3 for $2K

Is it possibly an A4 not an A3? thats the only thing I think that could make it worth that much?

Unless he like many on gunbroker think it stormed normany, defended Bastogne, killed Hitler, climbed Mt Suribachi, is 100% original and was brought back by a GI with papers of course....

:innocent0

If you can't tell my distaste for many on GB and their misleading comments this was :sarcasm:

rollinrock

Oct 1, 2013
    the article on recovering the drill rifle was a very interesting read thanks for posting it. the little shop up the road from my house has tons of this stuff. last time i stopped in he had some drill rifles. allways wondered why people would even buy one. the article explains it well he also had some complete shooters the last time i was in. shawleys hardware is the name of the little shop.

stu929

M1 Addict
    Jan 2, 2012
    Hagerstown

Sunir

Jul 10, 2013
    Don't know much about A3s, but I regularly scan the VA Guntrader site and have found many sellers to be receptive to dealing with MD C&R holders...I've come across several nice finds recently. Saw this pop up, always unknown if the seller will deal with an out of state buyers but thought I would pass along..

http://www.vaguntrader.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/611311#Post611311

That one looks real nice, anything to look for to verify originality and desirability on the these? What's the difference between these and the M1 Garand, looks like subtle things for the most part they look very similar. I'm still learning about the WW1-2 era rifles...lots to know about these special historical firearms!

Sunir

Jul 10, 2013
    Depends on what you are looking for? Do you want a cllector or a shooter? Do you care if its a reclaimed drill rifle?

I'd like to get a nice collectible, original, matching and correct example in as best shape that I can find. If I shoot it will only be a few rounds. Looking for rifles such as German Mouser, US M1 Garand, 1903 Springfield, British Lee Enfield, Russian Mosin Nagant ...maybe will look out for an M39, or a 91/30 if I come across one.etc... recently located a nice M44 Russian 1948 Mosin that I plan on picking up shortly, original numbers matching, not as common amber finish from Ishvesk factory. That will be my first foray into the WWII era stuff. Would like to get at least one significant rifle from the different ones in that WWI - WWII time period.

amoebicmagician

Samopal Goblin
    Dec 26, 2012
    Columbia, MD
    when you actually get it in your hand you will be surprised how much smaller it is than you originally thought.

Fantastic rifles for the most part. I can actually shoot better with the A3 irons than with some scopes.

SKIP

Ultimate Member
    Mar 5, 2009
    Glenwood/Glenelg
    I'd like to get a nice collectible, original, matching and correct example in as best shape that I can find. If I shoot it will only be a few rounds. Looking for rifles such as German Mouser, US M1 Garand, 1903 Springfield, British Lee Enfield, Russian Mosin Nagant ...maybe will look out for an M39, or a 91/30 if I come across one.etc... recently located a nice M44 Russian 1948 Mosin that I plan on picking up shortly, original numbers matching, not as common amber finish from Ishvesk factory. That will be my first foray into the WWII era stuff. Would like to get at least one significant rifle from the different ones in that WWI - WWII time period.

Here is a Remington all matching 03 for $1K. She is excellent shooter. I have original 1947 paper work.
    Shoot me a PM with your email address for additional close up photos.

Attachments

• 03.jpg
      03.jpg
      70.9 KB · Views: 78

Sunir

Jul 10, 2013
    Here is a Remington all matching 03 for $1K. She is excellent shooter. I have original 1947 paper work.
    Shoot me a PM with your email address for additional close up photos.

Hey Skip... my email is sghosal@tfihq.net

Would like to learn a bit more about the rifle...See pics etc. you said it's a Rem but the pic says Springfield? Has any of it been refurbished? I am currently learning about 1903 and Garands as I pic up tidbits along the way. Funny but the more I look into the WWII stuff the more info gets thrown at me from all sorts of directions about so many different rifles, all at the same time haha!

So why are you selling? maybe we can have a discussion. thanks for the quick reply.

SKIP

Ultimate Member
    Mar 5, 2009
    Glenwood/Glenelg
    Hey Skip... my email is sghosal@tfihq.net

Would like to learn a bit more about the rifle...See pics etc. you said it's a Rem but the pic says Springfield? Has any of it been refurbished? I am currently learning about 1903 and Garands as I pic up tidbits along the way. Funny but the more I look into the WWII stuff the more info gets thrown at me from all sorts of directions about so many different rifles, all at the same time haha!

So why are you selling? maybe we can have a discussion. thanks for the quick reply.

Pics sent. Reason for selling? My age. My social security number 9.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom