• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AV8OR

Jan 22, 2010
    Fellas,

Since I no longer shop at dicks I am looking for a local place to purchase hunting items (deer attractants, broadheads, trail cameras...etc) or even just go to browse. I order a lot online, but sometimes a personal visit just makes me feel good. I live in northern Baltimore County.

Any suggestions?

Jon

AlBeight

MDS Supporter
    Mar 30, 2017
    Hampstead
    Semi locally there is bowhunters den in Finksburg at 91&32.
    https://www.bowhuntersdenmaryland.com/

I usually make a few yearly trips to bass pro in arundel mills for the selection of archery stuff, even though I hate the place.
    In Northern Baltimore County you’re not too far from York, PA. There’s a Bass Pro up there too , PLUS you can buy standard capacity items!!

Also, Gander Outdoors (formerly Gander Mountain) is open now. There’s another store a little further out west on 30 towards Spring Grove called Carbon and Steel. Guns, ammo, standard capacity items as well, and a decent sized archery shop with indoor archery range onsite.

All of these are less than 40 min drive from Hereford area.

hi3cho

Ultimate Member
    Nov 16, 2012
    Edgemere
    Walmart has a small selection of the stuff you mentioned. Maybe not what you are looking for the browse a big variety but can work in a pinch and they have a lot of stuff on clearance mid season.

HeatSeeker

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2012
    Maryland
    Walmart. I buy Deer Cane liquid and it's cheapest I find. They also have a good selection of scent blockers and other attractants. Corn too but usually just 40lb bags, but good in a pinch.

Sportstud4891

Resident SMIB
    Jun 7, 2011
    Chuck County
    I buy Deer Cane liquid and it's cheapest I find.

Instead of Deer Cane, try Strawberry Koolaid with a little gelatin mixed in to make it thicker. Works just as good and much cheaper.

OP: If you don't mind driving a bit, Bow Hunters Superstore is outside of York, PA. Haven't been in a few years (order stuff online from them now since it's a 3 hour drive for me) but they used to have pretty much everything you could need.

Derwood

Ultimate Member
    Jun 2, 2011
    DC area
    Same question for anyone in the DC area...

I always hated going to Dicks anyway because the staff there frequently acted like a bag of...well yeah. So I've been getting supplies online since Bass Pro and Cabellas are far enough away that I only go once a year or so. It'd be nice to have a local place to go pick up broad heads, ammo, etc.

Sleepy

Jan 19, 2013
    If Dick's only knew how many people they've alienated. They're really the only game in town.

They could be raking in the dough.

AV8OR

Jan 22, 2010
    Found a small selection at Tractor Supply and Walmart in Shrewsbury, PA. Scratches the itch but still not what I am missing. I used to spend about $50 or more each week in the Dicks outdoors section starting in Sept till Jan. Not anymore. They suck!

Sleepy

Jan 19, 2013
    I thought I'd add that Dick's also owns Golfsmith, Golf Galaxy and Field and Stream (gear only they don't own the magazine)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom