• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    Josh Blackman gives a neat primer on the Defense Distributed lawsuits and there's some legal history of 1A cases where the sharing of information was made criminal

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    Last edited:

krucam

Ultimate Member
    Looks like the case is going to go into Discovery...that will drag things out for at least a year before this case would go to Trial, if I'm reading it right...

Attachments

• 19718198235.pdf
      111.4 KB · Views: 184

Kicken Wing

Snakes and Sparklers
    Apr 5, 2014
    WASH-CO
    I signed up as well. I hope to meet and mingle with DC-W and Adolph Oliver Bush at the reception afterwards. Both of you have reached out to me on this board and I would like to express my gratitude in person. This sounds like an interesting event.

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    I just signed up, as well. Work at 19th and L so the G-Town/Union Station Circulator will be perfect...

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    UPDATE

http://thegunfeed.com/saf-defense-distributed-add-defendants-in-amended-lawsuit/

SAF, DEFENSE DISTRIBUTED ADD DEFENDANTS IN AMENDED LAWSUIT

BELLEVUE, WA – The Second Amendment Foundation and Defense Distributed have amended their lawsuit to include four more state and local officials, accusing them of “unconstitutional prior restraint” by attempting to prevent online sharing of 3-D firearms printing technology despite a Justice Department settlement of a lawsuit earlier this summer.
    The lawsuit, filed in U.S. District Court for the Western District of Texas in Austin, now names New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo, Pennsylvania Gov. Thomas Wolf, Delaware Attorney General Matthew Denn, Pennsylvania Attorney General Josh Shapiro, along with original defendants, New Jersey Attorney General Gurbir S. Grewal and L.A. City Attorney Michael Feuer. A settlement between Defense Distributed and the U.S. Justice Department ending a lengthy legal action that would have allowed the Texas-based firm to post its 3-D printing information online, as of Aug. 1.
    But the defendants, according to the amended complaint, “are so eager to abridge the Second Amendment’s right to keep and bear Arms that they are willing abridge the First Amendment as a means of doing so.”
    “Under the color of state law, the Defendants are denying us our civil and constitutional rights by waging a coordinated and politically fueled campaign to censor Defense Distributed,” said SAF founder and Executive Vice President Alan M. Gottlieb.
    “What these public officials are attempting is an unconstitutional exercise of prior restraint,” he added. “They are trying to prevent Defense Distributed and its founder, Cody Wilson, from exercising free speech.”
    Wilson and SAF had been engaged in a lawsuit against the government for preventing the online publication of the 3-D technology. But when the settlement was announced earlier this year, the officials named in the complaint launched an effort to block it from taking effect.
    “This has turned into a classic First Amendment case,” Gottlieb said. “Only because this case involves technical information on production of firearm components on a 3-D printer have these anti-rights officials acted to squelch it. We cannot allow this to happen.”
    The Second Amendment Foundation (www.saf.org) is the nation’s oldest and largest tax-exempt education, research, publishing and legal action group focusing on the Constitutional right and heritage to privately own and possess firearms. Founded in 1974, The Foundation has grown to more than 650,000 members and supporters and conducts many programs designed to better inform the public about the consequences of gun control.

shacklefordbanks

Mar 27, 2013
    Since when did prostitutes start turning in their tricks? I smell a setup. Classic honeypot.

That being said, Cody dude, with all the dark forces out to shut you down what the hell where you thinking? Going online looking for whores? Bloomberg's minions are all around trying to discredit people like you. Ask Judge Kavanaugh how's it going.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    It's bad. Real bad. Because it's a minor (17), TX law declares it an assault, regardless of whether or not it was consensual. It's a 2nd degree felony. Warrant out for his arrest. $150,000 bond. Passport ordered surrendered.

This is beyond awful. Lots of people will be wanting their donated dollars back...

daNattyFatty

Ultimate Member
    Aug 27, 2009
    Bel Air, MD
    It's bad. Real bad. Because it's a minor (17), TX law declares it an assault, regardless of whether or not it was consensual. It's a 2nd degree felony. Warrant out for his arrest. $150,000 bond. Passport ordered surrendered.

This is beyond awful. Lots of people will be wanting their donated dollars back...

Gotta agree. This is not good at all.

That being said, Cody dude, with all the dark forces out to shut you down what the hell where you thinking? Going online looking for whores? Bloomberg's minions are all around trying to discredit people like you. Ask Judge Kavanaugh how's it going.

Yup. How could he not know to keep on the straight and narrow, given the very high profile battle that he’s in?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom