• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kicken Wing

Snakes and Sparklers
    Apr 5, 2014
    WASH-CO
    TEASER:
    Members should come to the meeting tomorrow in Columbia. Not only are we having elections and the seminar, but we have very interesting news about the bump stock litigation that we discuss and answer any questions.

I can't wait to hear the news! I will be sure to tune in tomorrow. I have to re-up my membership with MSI too. Mine ran out last month.

CypherPunk

Opinions Are My Own
    Apr 6, 2012
    So what is the news for us who could not make the meeting?????

Maryland Shall Issue files emergency motion to block enforcement of law banning "rapid fire trigger activators." Claims the law is impossible to comply with. Here is the filing:
    https://freebeacon.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/09/Motion-for-PI-with-attachments.pdf

Federal judge grants Maryland Shall Issue a emergency hearing on blocking Maryland's ban on "rapid fire trigger activators." The hearing is scheduled for Friday.
    https://freebeacon.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/09/Order-setting-hearing-on-PI-motion.pdf

jkeys

Jan 30, 2013
    Maryland Shall Issue files emergency motion to block enforcement of law banning "rapid fire trigger activators." Claims the law is impossible to comply with. Here is the filing:
    https://freebeacon.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/09/Motion-for-PI-with-attachments.pdf

Federal judge grants Maryland Shall Issue a emergency hearing on blocking Maryland's ban on "rapid fire trigger activators." The hearing is scheduled for Friday.
    https://freebeacon.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/09/Order-setting-hearing-on-PI-motion.pdf

I have hope. Trying not to catch BGOS. Nice work MSI.

cantstop

Pentultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2012
    MD
    Fingers crossed, but ready to ship mine out of state if the need arises.

Last edited:

cantstop

Pentultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2012
    MD
    I am thankful that esqappellate and MSI are working hard on this.
    My prior post was done before my brain kicked in this morning.

Last edited:

GUNSnROTORS

nude member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 7, 2013
    hic sunt dracones
    Assume the Chief Judge who signed the order will preside?

Not a Judge Bredar expert. His bio indicates broad experience, raised in a free state, at least some real knowledge of firearms (park ranger), impressive academic credentials:

Chief Judge James K. Bredar was born in Omaha, Nebraska in 1957. He graduated from Harvard University in 1979 and from the Georgetown University Law Center in 1982. He was a visiting student at the Yale Law School in 1981-82.

Judge Bredar was raised in Colorado. Before becoming a lawyer he served as a National Park Ranger. Following graduation from law school, he clerked for U.S. District Judge Richard P. Matsch in Denver. He then worked as a prosecutor, first as a Deputy District Attorney in Moffat County, Colorado and later as an Assistant United States Attorney in Denver. He also served as an Assistant Federal Public Defender in Denver. In 1991 and 1992, Judge Bredar was a Project Director with the Vera Institute of Justice and led their office in London, England.

In 1992, Chief Judge Bredar was appointed Federal Public Defender for the District of Maryland. He served in this position until he was appointed as a U.S. Magistrate Judge in 1998. On December 17, 2010, he was commissioned as a U.S. District Judge. Between 2007 and 2014, Judge Bredar served as a member of the United States Judicial Conference Committee on Federal-State Jurisdiction. He served as a trustee of the non-partisan Vera Institute of Justice in New York between 2007 and 2017. Judge Bredar is a member of the Lawyers' Round Table law club in Baltimore. Judge Bredar was admitted to the Colorado Bar in 1983, the U.S. Supreme Court Bar in 1994, and the Maryland Bar in 1995. He is also admitted to the Bars of the U.S. Courts of Appeals for the Fourth and Tenth Circuits and the U.S. District Courts for Maryland and Colorado.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    For any coming to attend the proceedings on Friday:

101 West Lombard Street
    Baltimore, MD 21201
    (410) 962-2600

14:30hrs in Courtoom 3D

http://www.mdd.uscourts.gov/visitor-information
    In attending court, we ask that all visitors adhere to the following rules while in the courtroom.

• No food, beverages, or chewing gum are permitted inside the courtrooms.
    • All electronic devices must be turned off before entering the courtroom. Counsel may use electronic devices in the courtroom unless prohibited by the presiding judge.
    • Courtroom-appropriate attire is expected when present in a courtroom. Hats and sunglasses, unless for religious or medical reasons, should be removed before entering the courtroom.

There are a number of parking garages surrounding the courthouse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom