• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Clifjr

Feb 2, 2014
    Germantown
    a lot smaller but a 2 hour show new and old more new and reloading

When I go, I’m looking for stuff I can’t get in Maryland so millsurp stuff is not usually on my mind unless I stumble onto it. The collectors at this show seem to just want top dollar or just want to show off their collections. You could always just make a day of it and see the show and stop at the NRA headquarters and see the museum or use the indoor range. The only bad thing about the show is the price of admission!

buellsfurn

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2015
    southern end of Maryland
    When I go, I’m looking for stuff I can’t get in Maryland so millsurp stuff is not usually on my mind unless I stumble onto it. The collectors at this show seem to just want top dollar or just want to show off their collections. You could always just make a day of it and see the show and stop at the NRA headquarters and see the museum or use the indoor range. The only bad thing about the show is the price of admission!

16 bucks well I'll at least pay it once

ted76

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 20, 2013
    Frederick
    Thanks Im current with NRA I think three more years left. Maybe they will let me in free if I add to the three years

They just extend your membership another year, I have lost track of how many years of NRA membership, I have paid for by renewing at the Chantilly to get in for free and avoid standing in the ticket line. It's the only show I renew at, because it's the most expensive show I attend.

Mr. Ed

This IS my Happy Face
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2009
    Edgewater
    Once a year is enough

I agree, unless there's a compelling reason. I'll go Saturday morning to pick up some foam for rifle cases. There's usually a vendor in the main room close to the MSI table who sells big sheets of foam for a really good price.

T48

Mar 5, 2018
    Anne Arundel Co.
    I went to the Chantilly early today. While waiting for the doors to open a storm came through and anyone in line without cover got wet. Then lighting struck in the distance ,knocked out the power in the entire area. The promoter held the crowd back for about 20 minutes and he finally let the crowd in the expo center where on the emergency lights were on for about one hour before the power came back on.

nomade

Apr 26, 2014
    I went to the Chantilly early today. While waiting for the doors to open a storm came through and anyone in line without cover got wet. Then lighting struck in the distance ,knocked out the power in the entire area. The promoter held the crowd back for about 20 minutes and he finally let the crowd in the expo center where on the emergency lights were on for about one hour before the power came back on.

This weather is crazy...
    Do you see any good deal at the show?
    I'm going tomorrow or Sunday.

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    I saw some inexpensive hk93 mags that went cheap. They were mint and sold out fast. Saw a new pistol I have never seen from Slovakia. Stribog grand power . it was a semi copy of the B&t GMH9 . Threaded barrel, used mags specific to it. Price was $755.00 got a 9mm 8 oz buffer ( last 1 they had ) $25.00. Over all a good time.

SavageShooter

Jan 10, 2014
    Arbutus, MD
    I went also. The Expo Center does not have a generator. The juice came back on at 4:50. Man it was getting hot like cows in the barn. There are good deals there you just have to look for them and find 'em like I did. I saw the new Ruger PC Carbine for $499 the lowest and some higher. In June only two dealers had the PC Carbine and $599. Now $519.

pilot25

Ultimate Member
    Jul 13, 2016
    I went also. The Expo Center does not have a generator. The juice came back on at 4:50. Man it was getting hot like cows in the barn. There are good deals there you just have to look for them and find 'em like I did. I saw the new Ruger PC Carbine for $499 the lowest and some higher. In June only two dealers had the PC Carbine and $599. Now $519.

One guy told me they refused to turn on the air conditioning while they were setting up. They put it on about 30 minutes before the doors were to open and the power went out 10 minutes later. Sounds like the Expo center is getting cheap on the proprietors. I'm surprised there is no generator.

I was looking for a caliber exchange kit for a Sig and had no luck.

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    Local news article

Talking about 80%:
    "Items that have not yet received the stage of manufacture to be considered a firearm, and have no serial number. It is legal to sell them, and the buyer uses them to create a complete gun.

Ghost gun vendors and proponents of ghost guns WDVM spoke with, argued that it’s an expensive niche hobby. Most criminals would buy or steal a more reliable gun for less."

Interesting short read.

lee2

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 8, 2007
    Those who are attending, could you price check m14 mags if you see them?

Thanks

cantstop

Pentultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2012
    MD
    How crowded is it there? $22 for a three day pass is almost reasonable, but $16/day seems a bit high.

T48

Mar 5, 2018
    Anne Arundel Co.
    At the show this month there were several vendors from Florida, Ohio and Massachusetts I have never seem before selling WW2 gun parts . Pricing was good for the items I purchased. Also there were several vendors selling AR and AK mags close to $10 .

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom