• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Machodoc

Old Guy
    Jun 27, 2012
    Just South of Chuck County
    Want to meet one of the biggest a$$holes on Gunbroker? Do business with Carl Weiss, aka "Hooah2". I recently put down a pretty good sized stack of cash on a Nambu that this guy was selling. Yeah, I saw the mandate on his "FAQ" that said he didn't like to be interrupted, but when I spend a considerable amount of cash with a stranger, I feel better getting a tracking number ... sooner, better than later.

About 3 days after payment had cleared, I sent a polite email, asking if he had a shipping date for the gun, and also (because it was a "papered" WWII bring-back) asked if he had any additional info about whomever he got the thing from. I got a *very* terse answers from him. OK ... fair enough.

Then I saw the feedback that he gave me. Even though I paid immediately (within 5 minutes of the close of the auction), he marked me down for asking questions, and even made a snotty comment about me "wanting to be pen-pals" when his FAQ said that he'd send shipping info after he shipped the gun.

OK, Mr. Gun Nazi Weiss. No soup for me! ... but no more business from me, either. I was happy with the gun, and it was packed very well, but I'm not doing business with anyone who doesn't have 5 minutes to write a few pleasant sentences.

Last edited:
    Jul 1, 2012
    Thanks for the heads-up.
    I've contemplated a few of his offerings lately but to be frank the lengthy BS in his listings turned me off.

Read the feedback and response.... yeah, he's a jerk.

Machodoc

Old Guy
    Jun 27, 2012
    Just South of Chuck County
    Thanks for the heads-up.
    I've contemplated a few of his offerings lately but to be frank the lengthy BS in his listings turned me off.

The gun is really nice (but I paid dearly for it). Whomever he has packing for him also does a good job. But the attitude of, "You pay me and then wait quietly until whenever I feel like getting around to sending the gun to you" is BS in my book. For a sale well in excess of $1K, I don't think asking for a seller to spend 5 minutes answering two short questions is outrageous.

That said, he's sold a ton of guns, and overall has good ratings ... but there are also complaints in there like mine.

Edit: Here's my feedback for him, and his response to it ...

Machodoc: Exceptionally well-packaged, and just as described. This fellow isn't into communicating as [much as] I am, but that's just his style and his choice.

Hooah2's Response: (left on 10/8/2015) Prompt payment. This fellow should spend a few moments reading our terms & FAQ and less time sending emails that the terms/FAQ clearly cover. Then he wouldn't have to comment on not being penpals.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    What a d1ck. Glad you posted it here. If I spend a pretty penny, I expect professional courtesy and discretion, not some nitwit telling me about his self-important FAQs.

Jul 1, 2012
    The gun is really nice (but I paid dearly for it).

Glad it turned out to be nice, in the pics looked like pitting along the slide and barrel...

What a d1ck. Glad you posted it here. If I spend a pretty penny, I expect professional courtesy and discretion, not some nitwit telling me about his self-important FAQs.

It really shouldn't matter how much you spend, a buyer should always get professional, courteous service from a so-called professional seller, regardless.
    Unfortunately that's not always the case.

At one point I thought we were going to start a thread for good sellers vs. bad sellers?

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    You can tell an ******* pretty much right off the bat.

I've got a gun ($6K dollar gun) arriving tomorrow that was shipped prior to the seller even receiving the check, just texted him a picture of it with me in the post office putting it in the flat rate envelope.

He knows who he's dealing with, I know from speaking to him he's above board and everything is as we discussed. He said, "let me know when you get it and are happy, then I'll cash the check"

100% confidence on both sides of the deal, love dealing with respectable people.

Don H

Ultimate Member
    Jan 17, 2013
    Hazzard County
    hooah2 obviously doesn't take criticism well. Considering his response to someone who actually left him an A+ rating it's a wonder he stays in business:

"Super fast shipping , Great seller , Item was better than I expected ! Thanks for a pleasant transaction !!!
    Response: (left on 5/18/2015) Unbelievably difficult person to deal with. Argues incessantly that he shouldn't have to send proof of age & even tells me I should put that info in 1st paragraph. No answer when pointed out it was.
    Follow Up: (left on 5/18/2015) Wow ,you are Pathetic ,U must have no life ! I don't think I will be purchasing anything here,If this is how the small minded lady sellers are going to act !!! Holly,Sounds like the kids in school ..."

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    hooah2 obviously doesn't take criticism well. Considering his response to someone who actually left him an A+ rating it's a wonder he stays in business:

"Super fast shipping , Great seller , Item was better than I expected ! Thanks for a pleasant transaction !!!
    Response: (left on 5/18/2015) Unbelievably difficult person to deal with. Argues incessantly that he shouldn't have to send proof of age & even tells me I should put that info in 1st paragraph. No answer when pointed out it was.
    Follow Up: (left on 5/18/2015) Wow ,you are Pathetic ,U must have no life ! I don't think I will be purchasing anything here,If this is how the small minded lady sellers are going to act !!! Holly,Sounds like the kids in school ..."

To be fair to hooah2, anyone who punctuates like that and uses 'U' instead of 'you' deserves a smack in the head.

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    Some folks are just grumpy. I actually just made a purchase from him and didn't have any issues. You were right though, it was super well packed, and the gun was better than described. In the end that's all that really counts to me... I can deal with grumpy.

Glad that you got your gun and that it was what you were looking for. Enjoy!

mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    Thanks Machodoc for the heads up. Mentally filed in the "only use if desperate" category. My money's green and there are plenty of other folk who would be happy to take it from me without unwarranted grief and vitriol.

Abulg1972

Ultimate Member
    I don't get along with people who refuse to be kind, particularly when the interaction involves me giving them money or time. Who acts like this and expects to have repeat customers and, the better question, why? There's probably only one answer to that, which is that he thinks he's a super duper gun guy. People like this don't get my business, no matter what they are selling. If I treated clients like that, I'd be broke.

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    There is far too much of that kind of thing in firearms related business. It's like a large percentage of people who gravitate into guns businesses are assholes from the get-go. They have poor people skills with any one who isn't on their very short list of approved friends, and seem to think that if they decide to bestow upon you even the least bit of attention, they are doing you a huge favor.

dementlr

Feb 8, 2011
    St. Mary's County
    Grumpy online dealers are no different than grumpy brick and mortar store dealers. If they are rude, or unfriendly they go on my do not return list. I want to ask questions and learn. I have been fortunate to interact with several great sellers on GB. I have also dealt with a few that were unresponsive and slow to ship. Sales is an interactive process. 99% of my local buys go through the same dealer for a reason; fair, friendly, pleasant treatment and I trust them. In a world where so many folks want to remove our gun rights, it is just common sense to work together.

Abulg1972

Ultimate Member
    There is far too much of that kind of thing in firearms related business. It's like a large percentage of people who gravitate into guns businesses are assholes from the get-go. They have poor people skills with any one who isn't on their very short list of approved friends, and seem to think that if they decide to bestow upon you even the least bit of attention, they are doing you a huge favor.

This is absolutely the truth. I can't tell you how many shops I've visited where the employees' attitude was, without a doubt, now that I've allowed you into the store and approved your implied request to ask me a question, what question do you want to have the privilege of asking me?

And, by the way, this happens in every hobby, particularly the marine aquarium hobby.

There are some good guys out there who haven't forgotten that the customer pays the bills, but there are far more with an attitude that you are privileged to be able to pay their bills.

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    This is absolutely the truth. I can't tell you how many shops I've visited where the employees' attitude was, without a doubt, now that I've allowed you into the store and approved your implied request to ask me a question, what question do you want to have the privilege of asking me?

And, by the way, this happens in every hobby, particularly the marine aquarium hobby.

There are some good guys out there who haven't forgotten that the customer pays the bills, but there are far more with an attitude that you are privileged to be able to pay their bills.
    Another attitude that is prevalent in the brick and mortar stores is the attitude that because they are on that side of the counter that they know everything there is to know about guns, and by default, because I'm on the other side, that I know nothing. While I can accept a certain amount of that, it becomes annoying when they clearly have their wires crossed, or are confused about whatever it is they believe they are the resident expert, and I know for a fact that they don't know what in the hell they are talking about. Sadly, that happens a bit too frequently.

Abulg1972

Ultimate Member
    I like this one:

A+ Very good Packaging. Communications could be immproved. I really hate doing business in silent.

Response: (left on 10/28/2015) "Communications could be improved" You're right, your communication was poor. We sent you an invoice, answered your ONE email and sent you tracking information.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Not to whiz in anyone's soup, but I've dealt with this guy several times.

Each transaction went well. Notice how I didn't say good. I know Half-Cocked is watching. :)

Items were packaged well and quickly shipped. Even had good communication.

Learned a long time ago not to expect too much in the way of correspondence from GB sellers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom