• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Machodoc

Old Guy
    Jun 27, 2012
    Just South of Chuck County
    I removed this clip because posters made good points about whether or not it belongs here. I won't debate whether or not the guy was an "idiot," but I still do think that he wasn't practicing good safety measures.

Last edited:

JamesH

That Guy
    Oct 11, 2014
    Laurel, MD
    Not sure what makes this video C&R... Is it 50 years old or did you go the museum curator route?

I would be interested in the "how" background on this. I wouldn't mind learning something more than just not to shoot myself.

Dave91

Ultimate Member
    Nov 25, 2009
    Anne Arundel
    Not sure what makes this video C&R... Is it 50 years old or did you go the museum curator route?

I would be interested in the "how" background on this. I wouldn't mind learning something more than just not to shoot myself.

In the world of online viral videos, this one is definitely old enough to be a C&R.

Sharp

Feb 21, 2015
    Calvert
    And not so much an idiot. He explains what and how this happened. I think many learned from this

I would agree with this. I will also note that I remember back when this video came, out Serpas were the king of tactical holsters. Now, not so much. I don't have any experience with them, but the video makes a compelling argument to be careful.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    With the clip gone, I may never know whether I'm an idiot.

Maybe I should ask the wife.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    I'm pretty sure it was the video of the guy that shot himself while training solo with a serpa holster.

If so worth noting the guy came back and followed up with exactly what and why he thought it happened, as a good faith safety warning.

It was his video and a few other reasons, I purchased a few serpa holsters, to train with specifically so I would have firsthand experience with it. The retention is good, holster is quality, but because it can be difficult to release under stress in an emergency, I do not recommend this holster for self defense carry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom