• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • canonian

Jan 5, 2013
    Elkridge
    "Biden wants to ban new sales of AR-15 rifles and similar firearms as well as any ammunition magazine holding more than 10 rounds—sizes that come standard on most modern rifles and handguns. He would pay some owners to surrender the affected guns they legally own and force everyone else to register the guns under the National Firearms Act. The proposal would require owners to pay a $200 tax stamp for each item."

Article here

I searched to see if this has been posted elsewhere, I did not see it.

This has to be thrown out.

THier

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 3, 2010
    Muscleville
    "Lucky" i had a horrible boating incident, I'd hate to have to pay a tax on each item I may have owned.

jollymon

Dec 6, 2016
    Now in Tennessee ,
    If he could move them to the NFA like they did with those USAS-12 back in the 1980's , Calling it a destructive device they placed it on NFA register and there was a amnesty period to register them and there wasn't a tax , As I recall it was determined that they couldn't tax it because you already owned it and the tax can only apply to a transfer . Same as the NFA Amnesty in 1968 on tax on the regulations of all the stuff that had been in hiding .

Sirex

Powered by natural gas
    Oct 30, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    I am not paying a poll tax, on a piece of property I bought legally, and I am protected by the constitution in KEEPING and bearing. A tax is an infringement on keeping said arms.

Boxcab

MSI EM
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 22, 2007
    AA County
    I'm good thanks

I've saying for a while now, that we are our own worst enemy. If we would just let the Anti's go for the gusto and ban everything, we would win the case. By softening every proposed law, letting them slowly get their nose under the tent.. and then one hump... and then two humps, we are just allowing them time to get everyone's acceptance. The slow boil. We should step back and let them overstep. Don't stop them from making a huge mistake. Let them make a law that is so egregious, that even the most liberal court will take pause and reject it.

I can dream can't I??

Huckleberry

No One of Consequence
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Severn & Lewes
    Pelosi won't be able to get the bill out of the House. With her slim majority, Gun Control like Defund the Police is too far left for the Blue Dog Democrats. She won't have the votes.

Plus, she may not be the Speaker if the GOP support one of her rivals or for a good joke, Vote AOC.

Sundazes

My brain hurts
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    Pelosi won't be able to get the bill out of the House. With her slim majority, Gun Control like Defund the Police is too far left for the Blue Dog Democrats. She won't have the votes.

Plus, she may not be the Speaker if the GOP support one of her rivals or for a good joke, Vote AOC.

Oh hell no. She would be third in line behind Chlamydia Harris.

Cruacious

C&R Farmer
    Apr 29, 2015
    Elkton
    I sincerely doubt that Pelosi et. al. will attempt to push gun legislation with a slim majority in the House and what could be a razor-thin Senate with a Red Court. That would massively jeopardize the House in 2022 and potentially risk a few flip seats in the Senate. The strategy will likely be to push for registration and background checks per usual and table the progressive proposals without striking them down to prevent themselves from alienating to many people.

Matlack

Scribe
    Dec 15, 2008
    I say bring it on!

This will get killed in the courts fast and finally set some precedent.
    How many times have we said that only to watch precedent get set against us? Let's just keep saying it and hang our heads on the courts.

They say that in private on phone calls. They don't have the balls to say it openly or vote against their party leadership.

We don't know yet, do we?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom