• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Machodoc

Old Guy
    Jun 27, 2012
    Just South of Chuck County
    Just in general ... it's a good sign that .22 LR seems to be back in stock and available at fairly reasonable prices again. I just got in five Federal AutoMatch .22LR 40 Grain 325 packs for about $127 shipped from Bud's. That works out to about 8 cents a round delivered, I think. Yeah, it's not the 35 cents per box of 50 that I used to pay as a kid (a 9 year old out hunting and buying ammo alone--imagine that today), but not really all that bad.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    Vista Outdoor Sports (VSTO), the spinoff that owns Federal, CCI, Speer, and others just got crushed by a double-whammy; geared-up ammo production followed by plunging sales resulting from Trump's win.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Vista Outdoor Sports (VSTO), the spinoff that owns Federal, CCI, Speer, and others just got crushed by a double-whammy; geared-up ammo production followed by plunging sales resulting from Trump's win.

Good, I'd love to stack some <.05cpr .22 very deep

cantstop

Pentultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2012
    MD
    Just in general ... it's a good sign that .22 LR seems to be back in stock and available at fairly reasonable prices again. I just got in five Federal AutoMatch .22LR 40 Grain 325 packs for about $127 shipped from Bud's. That works out to about 8 cents a round delivered, I think. Yeah, it's not the 35 cents per box of 50 that I used to pay as a kid (a 9 year old out hunting and buying ammo alone--imagine that today), but not really all that bad.

Love it! Reminds me of when I was 9 years old and walked a mile up to the supplies store to buy some sulfur. The guy asked me what I was going to use it for and I told him "I'm making gunpowder". He said, "OK, just don't eat it and sold me a bottle." :)

Machodoc

Old Guy
    Jun 27, 2012
    Just South of Chuck County
    Love it! Reminds me of when I was 9 years old and walked a mile up to the supplies store to buy some sulfur. The guy asked me what I was going to use it for and I told him "I'm making gunpowder". He said, "OK, just don't eat it and sold me a bottle." :)

Same sort of thinking. There was a tiny store (with sort of a bar in back) about a mile from my grandfather's house in Chas. Co. I didn't live in the area because dad was in the military, but the first time I went up there to buy ammo, I hunted my way through the woods, then walked in and told him I wanted a box of .22LR. I had my Marlin with me, of course, so it was pretty clear that I was allowed to have a gun and ammo. I may have had a squirrel sticking out of a pocket, as well.

The guy realized that he didn't know me, so he asked who I was. As soon as I told him my grandfather's name, that was the end of any further problem. "Pop" had a reputation for being a badass, having been one of the original group that evolved into the MD State Police (in fact, my research on that group resulted in the MSP changing their history to state that they have been around a few years longer than they claimed for years).

In any case, it wasn't a big deal after that first purchase, but I was tall for my age. I probably looked like I was 11. :lol2:

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Classic has Star B pistols and several flavors of Swiss rifles (including K31s) but you won't like the prices

ohen cepel

Ultimate Member
    Feb 2, 2011
    Where they send me.
    Classic seems to be on crack lately with their prices!
    That said, seems they sell everything out fast on their special sales so someone must be buying. (I need to find those people to sell some things to!)

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    Classic seems to be on crack lately with their prices!
    That said, seems they sell everything out fast on their special sales so someone must be buying. (I need to find those people to sell some things to!)

If you watch the video closely, Ben intimates that they'll sell out fast because he got "a very small shipment" and a "small number" of the Stars. He only shows three in the video, hinting that he only has a few. He lets it slip, though, in the middle that he has "a couple of crates" of them. Gotta admit, it's clever marketing.

Which cup is the pea under, sonny?

toolness1

Ultimate Member
    Jan 5, 2014
    BFE, Missouri
    Is it just me or has there been a lot more mulsurp hitting since the election? It's probably just a coincidence but in the last few weeks I have seen a lot......

SOG has the AP63 which is a FEG Hungarian .32 ACP version of the PA-63 in VG to excellent condition for 209 bucks. I have one, they are great little guns! Unfortunately, not C&R, but worth the trouble IMO

They also have crates of 7.62 Nagant surplus for 295 per 1092 rounds if anyone is interested....

SOG also has Israeli boxer brass .30 Carbine ammo for a pretty decent price, 16.95 for 50 rounds, 339 per case.

I was going to jump on the 7.5x55 surplus but went with a police trade in S&W M&P .40 instead. I have 4 cases and mostly shoot reloads out of my Swiss rifles.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine

Attachments

• IMG_7722.jpg
      IMG_7722.jpg
      68.1 KB · Views: 337

proto05

Dec 23, 2016
    Balto county
    Springfield M1 Garand at The Gun shop in Essex. 1944 barrel (?), leather sling, did not see matching numbers. Also looked like a new stock on it. Wouldve gotten it if I didn't already have one. :thumbsup:

toolness1

Ultimate Member
    Jan 5, 2014
    BFE, Missouri
    I noticed that Century has some Inland and Winchester M1 Carbines in stock. 800 for Inland and 850 for a Winchester. Says "Good condition with cracked or patched stock"

No way I would order one sight-unseen with that kind of description. I do wonder where they got them, however.

They also have about a dozen Israeli K98's in 7.62 in the 600 dollar range and most listed as having a cracked stock.

Do people really spend that kind of money on something listed with a cracked stock without being able to even see where or how bad the crack is???

All their firearm listings are just a single image of the firearm from one side from far away, no way to tell anything detail wise. I wish they would take better pics.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom