• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pleasant1911

Ultimate Member
    Apr 12, 2012
    Anybody here know anything about Two River development in AA county. I know it’s going to be a huge development, but that’s about it.

My brother is looking for a new home, and wants new build. Trying to stay in HoCo or AA county near me and my mom.

Looked at maple lawn in Fulton, but 800k+ for a new home, is doable but is expensive. AA for the same home in 2 Rivers, same model and builder, is 200k cheaper. Also cheaper property tax.

Schools, traffic, shops, ethnic make up, etc would be helpful info, if anyone has it. He works at Tyson, va but his engagement can be anywhere from dc to Arlington.

Thanks

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    "New" Crofton, just out of sight of the sewage plant ... going to be nothing but expensive. Cheaper property tax until Kirwan budget buster goes thru and I don't think the schools will end up being that great in that part of AA

slsc98

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2012
    Escaped MD-stan to WNC Smokies
    After looking at LOTS of them, whenever I look at “artists’ renditions” of planned communities like that one, I allways look for where the subsidized housing (that NEVER appears in those nicely colored pictures created for deep pocket potential buyers to swoon over) will eventually go.

My money is on the 1,448 acres at bottom of page, noted as (only) “50% dedicated to open space” .... a quick trip to the County Zoning office - or mayyyybe the future development plan every MD county maintains - often uncovers “the big picture”

... caveat emptor to your kinfolk, OP

marko

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 28, 2009
    He works at Tyson, va but his engagement can be anywhere from dc to Arlington.
    He should move to Reston so he can be closer to his work.
    He can save money and when the next housing downturn occurs, he can buy near his work.
    One who works in or near Tyson, VA, should live near there.
    Why oh why buy a house so far away from work???

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    He should move to Reston so he can be closer to his work.
    He can save money and when the next housing downturn occurs, he can buy near his work.
    One who works in or near Tyson, VA, should live near there.
    Why oh why buy a house so far away from work???

I'll take "Because We Don't Live In Nazi Germany" for a thousand, Alex.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Indeed not living in Nazi Germany or USSR , means you can live where you want to . But delibertly commuting from AA to Tysons is a headscratcher .

I don't have a context for compulsive living next door to your relatives , just because . Is there a matter of needing to care for an elderly relative ? Is grandma being the free babbysitter for all the grandkids ? Is everyone running a side business together ? Two hours each way to work is a different calculation than two hours each way for holidays, or occasional visit .

If someone worked in Tysons , and was willing to commute that long , they could go the opposite direction and live in the Shen Valley .

Huckleberry

No One of Consequence
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Severn & Lewes
    The area's real name is Conway not Crofton. Some locals call it Patuxent Ponds or Bottoms as in bottomland. Flooding can make it very wet. The original homes are on slabs or piers and don't have basements like the new homes for that reason

You do the math. 2 Rivers and 1 Flood plain.

Plus, the area is a mosquito farm with all the ponds and puddles down there.

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    Try driving in that area of 301 in the evening starting around 4 or on the weekend. It had too many people to begin with and they just added a huge apartment complex on 301. I see people doing crazy shit to get home on good days. And yes, the land is low and wet. It looks real purty in the commercials though.

Alea Jacta Est

Extinguished member
    MDS Supporter
    Anybody here know anything about Two River development in AA county. I know it’s going to be a huge development, but that’s about it.

My brother is looking for a new home, and wants new build. Trying to stay in HoCo or AA county near me and my mom.

Looked at maple lawn in Fulton, but 800k+ for a new home, is doable but is expensive. AA for the same home in 2 Rivers, same model and builder, is 200k cheaper. Also cheaper property tax.

Schools, traffic, shops, ethnic make up, etc would be helpful info, if anyone has it. He works at Tyson, va but his engagement can be anywhere from dc to Arlington.

Thanks
    I know where there’s gonna be a very small “development” in Milllersville. Will share info if you pm.

By development, I mean a half dozen nice lots in the middle of a farm. Close to BWI. Secluded though and NOT in the flight paths.

BurtonRW

Oct 19, 2007
    Pasadena
    I live in Crofton right across from Waugh Chapel.

Traffic on that stretch of 3 is HELL. Might as well be NOVA during most rush hours (which are at least 8-10 and 4-6, depending on the day of the week and time of year).

You couldn't pay me to live in one of those houses.

We're moving to Severna Park and I'm actually looking forward to Rt. 2 being my major nearby highway.

-Rob

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    Try driving in that area of 301 in the evening starting around 4 or on the weekend. It had too many people to begin with and they just added a huge apartment complex on 301. I see people doing crazy shit to get home on good days. And yes, the land is low and wet. It looks real purty in the commercials though.

That’s about 10 miles south of Two Rivers

Neot

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2009
    South County
    I don't get why anyone would want to live in that area but to each their own. I get that everything is right there but it's gotten so congested that the roads can't handle the traffic. My in-laws live up that way off of St. Stephen's Church Road and its an exercise in frustration getting up there sometimes.

If he wants to drop near 800k on a house in that area, he's better off looking down in Davidsonville instead. Less traffic, more space and no mosquito infestation.

Mack C-85

R.I.P.
    Jan 22, 2014
    Littlestown, PA
    The two rivers thing is one issue, the whole community is on a flood plain located on a peninsula between the Patuxent and the Little Patuxent Rivers. The land is WET.

The other "two" involved is ways out. East on Conway to Crofton, North on Patuxent Road (becomes Piney Orchard Pkwy) to Odenton. Both involve low level areas that flood if a dog pees on the road.

As mentioned before, Crain Highway (MD3) between MD 32 and US 50 makes Ritchie Highway in Glen Burnie look like a rural interstate.

AACOFD Station 5 (Waugh Chapel) went from being a retirement station on a farm driveway out in the country when it was built, to one of the busiest stations, at one of the most high volume intersections, in the county. (Crain Hwy/Reidel Rd/Waugh Chapel Rd.)

Western AA County has gone nuts with construction. Within one block of my house in Severn, a Rancher came down and 5 Ameristar disasters went up. The roofs have more waves than the bay in a 30 mph breeze. Down the end of my street an older farm style house is scheduled to come down and three more Ameristars on there. About 1/2 mile away over 20 Ameristars on what was vacant fields.

Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊

You mean "In the evening around 2:30" lately. And that doesn't count the lunchtime rush hour.

To add icing to the cake, the SHA geniuses just added a traffic light northbound between McD's and Royal Farms. I guess traffic was moving too well...

ETA: I thought you were talking about 3 North.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    That’s about 10 miles south of Two Rivers

Not the one that abuts 3 South just south of the Exxon station?

BTW, a MONSTER development (complete with soon to be empty "anchor" stores) is being planned on the now empty dust bowl on 301 just south of 214. The B-52s came through there while the zoning change was being debated in the Bowie City Council; forest was gone in three days.

It's going to be entertaining watching the peeing contest over if it will be part of Bowie or Upper Marlboro...

CrawfishStu

Creeper
    Dec 4, 2006
    Crofton
    You mean "In the evening around 2:30" lately. And that doesn't count the lunchtime rush hour.

To add icing to the cake, the SHA geniuses just added a traffic light northbound between McD's and Royal Farms. I guess traffic was moving too well...

ETA: I thought you were talking about 3 North.

The new light had to do with the fatalities from people crossing 3N right there. I actually think that it has integrated pretty well and it sure helps the no engined cars get across 3 right there. I pick my son up several days a week from Karate there at 5 and 5:30pm.

Traffic isn't great, but having done Baltimore and DC traffic for 15 years. It still isn't that bad yet. Hogan tried to improve 175 for some relief, mostly to southbound 3, but it was shot down on partisan lines.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom