• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • EDA98

Dec 4, 2019
    Laurel MD
    Anyone who isnt willing to educate people who now have questions about firearms, is a part of the problem. It might not switch them to be more conservative, but that isnt what it should be about. It should be about promoting awareness of the laws in place, and education on proper safety. Even if they remain democrats it doesnt matter. If a bunch of democrats suddenly now understand how dumb gun laws are, they will question their legislators. The legislators will then think about changing their position, because all a politician cares about is getting re-elected. If someone asks you questions just answer them in a respectful way. Its not hard to show some humility.

SkiPatrolDude

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 24, 2017
    Timonium-Lutherville
    I find times like this are the best time to admit to your spouse you own more guns than she thinks you own.

They get grandfathered in to recognition through the “guns aren’t so stupid when you are scared” clause. My wife might know about a couple more handguns I own now. Still doesn’t know about EVERYTHING. I mean, Jesus, I don’t want to end up being locked in my gun safe.

Silver linings.

My wife is an absolute type A neat freak. Can't say I mind, you could literally eat off of any surface or floor in my house. But trying to pass firearms under her nose has never worked lol. She had to access a document in the safe, which she never goes into and she texted me "when did 8 turn into 13 - we need to talk".

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    My wife grew up in a house where there were guns everywhere. Good thing, because she now lives in a house where there are guns everywhere.

Batt816

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 1, 2018
    Eastern Shore
    The vertical magnetic strips are in the walk-in closet...behind the clothes

:party29: I know a guy who had his chair railing grooved 3/4" every 1' vertically ,when they trimmed out his house. perfect for leaning guns against the wall and not have to worry about them falling over.

solarpower44

Feb 2, 2016
    Glenelg MD
    Anyone who isnt willing to educate people who now have questions about firearms, is a part of the problem. It might not switch them to be more conservative, but that isnt what it should be about. It should be about promoting awareness of the laws in place, and education on proper safety. Even if they remain democrats it doesnt matter. If a bunch of democrats suddenly now understand how dumb gun laws are, they will question their legislators. The legislators will then think about changing their position, because all a politician cares about is getting re-elected. If someone asks you questions just answer them in a respectful way. Its not hard to show some humility.

Exactly, in fact, this may be an opportunity to change the nation's view on gun ownership and OWNERS

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    :party29: I know a guy who had his chair railing grooved 3/4" every 1' vertically ,when they trimmed out his house. perfect for leaning guns against the wall and not have to worry about them falling over.

F’ing brilliant!!!

geda

Dec 24, 2017
    cowcounty
    I find times like this are the best time to admit to your spouse you own more guns than she thinks you own.

They get grandfathered in to recognition through the “guns aren’t so stupid when you are scared” clause. My wife might know about a couple more handguns I own now. Still doesn’t know about EVERYTHING. I mean, Jesus, I don’t want to end up being locked in my gun safe.

Silver linings.

I let her pick one out and was able to pull the old "Oh you like that one, yea it will kick a lot less then the 12g but it is one of my favorites. I bought if for me to use when SHTF. If that is the one you want for SHTF we can move it to the bedroom lock box, but i need to buy another for myself and a few backups when all this blows over". She picked a Ruger PC carbine with a Rugged Obsidian. So I now have permission to blow a few grand on guns without having to sneak them into the house, going to milk that for years.

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    Please don't arm the liberals.

It will only make it that much harder to catch them and eat them, when the time comes.

Mike

Propietario de casa, Toluca, México
    MDS Supporter
    I think not all of the panicked first-time buyers are necessarily liberals or would-be gun grabbers. I frequently shake my head when I learn how little attention almost everyone pays to politics and what the lawmakers are doing to them in this country. Maybe this pandemic will help wake up more regular people who just were't paying attention? So perhaps if someone approaches us and we maybe know them but not necessarily their politics, we should give them the benefit of the doubt and see where the conversation goes. Just my 2 cents worth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom