• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    Pioneer Arms has newly made PPS43 pistols that hit the market a while back. They are made in Radom Poland and cost a little over $500. From what I can tell tehy are on the MD handgun roster too :thumbsup:

I finally got to shoot one and it was pretty sweet! I "need" to get one and SBR that mofo ASAP.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLlTdCtB5_c

http://www.pioneer-pac.com/pps43-c-pistol,prp1,7,2

[YT]bLlTdCtB5_c[/YT]

BigDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Feb 7, 2014
    Saw your video and it looks a little awkward to shoot as a pistol. It would be super as a SBR

JCB003

Ultimate Member
    Sep 10, 2007
    The four 35 round mags are a nice feature. Be nice to have one but without mags not as attractive of a purchase.

MacGuns

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    Damascus
    Saw your video and it looks a little awkward to shoot as a pistol. It would be super as a SBR

SBR is the only way to go with one of these.

i-fPTvgXP-L.jpg

MilsurpDan

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2012
    Frederick County
    I’m actually looking to buy one of these. Hopefully I find one for a decent deal at the next Chantilly show or I’ll just order one.

I heard the same company is making a PM63 semi-auto pistol as well. Wonder if they’re gonna make their way over here too

smdub

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 14, 2012
    MoCo
    Didn't want to start a new thread. Got one of these back in ~2013 and SBR'ed it. Cool gun IMO.
    Mine's had trouble w/ light strikes on the hard primers in surplus ammo and somehow got relegated to the back of the safe. It recently made 'my list' of things to dig out and work on. So I pulled it out earlier this week, disassembled and cleaned the bolt. There was some gunk and metal shavings in it that might have been the problem. The firing pin tip was square so I rounded that a little too. I saw that Pioneer sells a 2019 updated hammer version so I ordered one of those for good measure. Looks a little thicker so maybe a touch heavier? It came in today and this is what they sent:

20220507_171903523_r1024.jpg 20220507_171927370_r1024.jpg 20220507_171938839_r1024.jpg

What a used POS! The edges are peened over and with the big firing pin indent it is clear that it was never heat treated. Ugh... I've already emailed them with some choice words and these pics to get a full refund. Hard to believe anyone would send something that shitty. It had no padding around it and had poked partway through the cardboard USPS envelope too. Sigh...

engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    I had the light primer strikes too with surplus ammo, but seems to be ok with commercial ammo. The only other real issue i have with mine was that “clip” on the rear of the receiver wouldn't engage all the way and the gun would inadvertently pop open. I think it just needs to be cleaned up and smoothed out a little on the inside. One day i’ll get around to it.

smdub

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 14, 2012
    MoCo
    Is your firing pin tip flat? Thats going to take a lot more energy to deform the primer enough to fire. I rounded mine to see if it helps (like every other firing pin on the planet.) Looking online, it looks like the replacement ones are rounded too. Mine was fairly early production in 2013 and maybe they just got lazy.

Pioneer got back to me and said the used hammer I got should not have happened as "we do not have used parts available to us." Well, that makes it even more odd that it happened. Anyway they said they will make it right and ship me one first thing today.

smdub

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 14, 2012
    MoCo
    Pioneer Arms shipped me two new hammers and they came in while I was out of town. They made it right.

ohen cepel

Ultimate Member
    Feb 2, 2011
    Where they send me.
    I think some turd sent them his used hammer back asking for a refund and no one caught it. Thought it was new (as it should have been) and put it back on the shelf.

I bought one years ago, still haven't fired it..........

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom