• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kenpo333

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 18, 2012
    Salisbury Maryland
    Are they going to point to their no guns sign when the bad guy comes into their store?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I buy from a small local company that the owners (husband and wife) both shoot so if you want to do business with someone like that in Salisbury go to Peninsula Auto Care on Carroll Street across the hospital.

pjd832

Jul 26, 2012
    So you don't think the signs will be effective at keeping bad guys from bringing guns in?

I don't think it would be a matter of disregard on the "troubled/misguided/abandoned by the system" persons part...if they could actually read...I'm sure it would make a huge difference.:lol2:

OrbitalEllipses

Ultimate Member
    Jul 18, 2013
    DPR of MoCo
    Wonder what Michelin's policy is since I'm both fond of voting with my wallet and fond of the Michelin tires on my car.

I'll pass on Goodyear tires anyway. Had to drive with their low-bid crap on RWD police cars for 25 years. I'll take just about anything include Kumhos and Fuzions before I ever buy them.

Hey now, Fuzion ZRi are the best ricer tire there is!

Overboost44

6th gear
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 10, 2013
    Kent Island
    I wouldn't buy goodyear if they encouraged guns on their property.

Zoo, there is nothing wrong with Kumho at all unless you don't like where they are made.

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    I wouldn't buy goodyear if they encouraged guns on their property.

Zoo, there is nothing wrong with Kumho at all unless you don't like where they are made.

:) I know. I just meant the general perception is Goodyear is such a pinnacle and it isn't. I even bought our first set of Nexens this year for our SUV and those are working out great.

paxfish

Ultimate Member
    Nov 11, 2008
    Culvert & Points West
    As you start to research this, I think you'll find most large US corporations have similar policies. It is less about being anti-gun, and more about limiting their liability in the event of a shooting on their property.

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    This applies to Goodyear property, but are the local Goodyear shops their property, or are they franchises?

The Eldersburg Goodyear has always treated me right, even though I no longer buy Goodyear tires.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    I doubt that will go over well with the NASCAR crowd.

Good idea, maybe we should post this in the NASCAR forums.

Are they going to point to their no guns sign when the bad guy comes into their store?
    Yep, this is my problem with 'no gun zone', criminals don't care.

I gave up on the brand a long time ago for other reasons... won't be going back now that's for sure.

I regret to admit my last set of tires was from a local Goodyear shop. I was armed, unwittingly in violation of their policy. I don't go where I'm not wanted, so I won't be returning to Goodyear.

md123

Ultimate Member
    Jul 29, 2011
    Well I feel safe knowing deranged suicidal killers will read the corporate policy and try the Bridgestone dealer instead (face palm).

My Goodyear tires suck anyway. Makes my choice easy now.

Dal1as

Ultimate Member
    Feb 6, 2009
    Hmmm, also curious what the policies are for other makers. There Silent Armor truck tires are awesome as are there summer performance GSD3's. Most of their other stuff is junk but most manufacturers only have 2 or 3 lines that are decent.

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    Just posted this on my facebook page and tagged goodyear tire and rubber. Thanks for the heads up. Add them to the list of companies not getting my $$$ including BWW.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LikeThatHendrix

Latest threads

Top Bottom