• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rambling_one

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Bowie, MD
    Thank you for contacting our web site and for voicing your concerns. In an effort to ensure the safety and security of our associates and customers, we have had a clear company policy regarding weapons in the workplace, since 2004. The Goodyear Tire and Rubber Co. prohibits all persons who enter Company property from carrying a handgun, firearm, or prohibited weapon of any kind onto the property regardless of whether the person is licensed to carry the weapon or not. Exceptions apply to on-duty law enforcement personnel. This policy applies to all Company employees, visitors, customers, and contractors on Company property -- including our
    Company owned stores. All Company properties have received a decal or sign referencing this policy, and have been instructed to post it.

Jessica - Consumer Relations
    Goodyear World Headquarters

My reply: No lawful guns allowed in your stores, no Goodyear tires on my vehicles. Will be sure to pass on to family members and friends.

spclopr8tr

Whatchalookinat?
    Apr 20, 2013
    TN
    My reply: No lawful guns allowed in your stores, no Goodyear tires on my vehicles. Will be sure to pass on to family members and friends.

So exactly how do they know if you are carrying concealed, and what can they do other than ask you to leave if they find out?

But nonetheless, I am convinced I will be using other brands that are more 2A friendly. I have not had particularly good luck in Goodyear stores. And there are other tires equal or better.

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    So exactly how do they know if you are carrying concealed, and what can they do other than ask you to leave if they find out?

But nonetheless, I am convinced I will be using other brands that are more 2A friendly. I have not had particularly good luck in Goodyear stores. And there are other tires equal or better.

Not so much that they'd know you were carrying, but I for one will certainly avoid giving my money to a company that is openly hostile to my 2A rights. At least when it's practical, and depending on how hard my head is that day, I might cut off my nose to spite my face, so to speak.

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    Their house. Their rules. My decision to do business elsewhere and let other people know to avoid them. I do my best to stay far away from killing zones.

bbrown

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 10, 2009
    MD
    So they're guaranteeing your safety while you're shopping in their stores?

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    I am sure most places of the big box mechanics are that way I know I wanted to reach across the counter to kill one of those guys after the bill I got that had "misc charges" that totaled $150. :D

Falken makes a better tire anyways and for less.

lsw

לא לדרוך עליי
    Sep 2, 2013
    Nothing to worry about. You won't need firearms to defend yourself in a Goodyear store since surely with a policy like this, no criminals will bring guns onto Goodyear property either. :)

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    I'll pass on Goodyear tires anyway. Had to drive with their low-bid crap on RWD police cars for 25 years. I'll take just about anything include Kumhos and Fuzions before I ever buy them.

Tyeraxus

Ultimate Member
    May 15, 2012
    East Tennessee
    They probably get some kind of insurance discount for saying that.

I've wondered about that for a while. Is anybody in the corporate insurance business and can say if, as a general industry practice (don't want to ask anybody to give away anything proprietary) if rates differ based on firearms policies?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom