• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rambling_one

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Bowie, MD
    This video http://www.youtube.com/embed/w8Sbf_piIQQ?feature=player_detailpage details a home invasion in which a Lusby, MD, resident defended himself against two armed intruders.

Thankfully, it took place within Mr. Taylor’s house because for all intent and purposes Maryland denies residents the ability to defend themselves outside the home.

Had this happened to my wife and I at say the Bowie Town Center you’d likely be reading our obituary in the local paper.

Shame on each of you for your stance on the gun issue.

You cannot in good conscience take solace in such a position.

Rambling_one

Last edited:

jr88

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 7, 2011
    Free?? State
    I also live in Bowie and don't let my family go to that Mall for the reasons you noted. Not being able to concealed carry in Maryland is bad enough, but I believe in different parts of Maryland with different people involved, the shooting may have not been self defense. So here we have yet another "issue" we have to tip toe around just to protect our families. Not a good situation at all.

xdmdude

Oct 1, 2011
    This reporter works for the NRA and called it an ammunition clip? You have got to be kidding me. Good for him. He is lucky he answered the door prepared for trouble.

rambling_one

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Bowie, MD
    No response from 23A reps except an acknowledgement from Hubbard that he read it :mad54:.

On the other hand his constituents got this from him today:

Dear Constituent and Friend:

I am pleased to inform you that on Wednesday, January 8, 2014, the Maryland General Assembly began its 90-day Legislative Session. I consider it an honor to represent you, the residents of Bowie, Laurel, Lanham-Seabrook, Glenn Dale, Mitchellville, and Beltsville as a District 23-A Delegate.

This is my 22nd year in the Maryland House of Delegates, and as the Assistant Majority Leader, I use my position to benefit the constituency. I am excited to for this 2014 session to begin!

If you are interested in the current, or any previous Legislative Sessions, please visit the Maryland General Assembly website at http://mgaleg.maryland.gov/.
    I am available by phone at (301) 858-3103, or by email at James.Hubbard@house.state.md.us.

Thank you for your continued support and please feel free to contact me regarding any questions or concerns.

Sincerely,
    James W. Hubbard
    Maryland State Delegate

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    Bowie is dangerous. The bad guys know where the LEO s will be at certain times. I returned to my truck having had the stereo and loose items removed by 2 guys robbing and 1 guy driving. 4 cars robbed 11:30 am. People watching dialing 911. I was on a coffe run and missed it all. We still had to wait 30 minutes for officers to show up. Broad day light popping locks smiling from what the witness' said. I'm glad they closed Governors Bridge.

mranaya

Task Force Sunny, 2009
    Jun 19, 2011
    Hanover MD
    @Rambling_one: Well said. The likes of O'Malley, Frosh, and Miller would be brokenhearted at seeing this video. For them, a happy ending would have been the crippling, dismemberment, or death of this retired police officer and the enrichment of his attackers, the trio's constituents. That is, of course, the outcome their laws are written to ensure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom