• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rambling_one

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Bowie, MD
    This morning I deposited just under $1K in cash at my local bank, currency derived as a salary rather than business income. Had it been the latter, I'm guaranteed a handgun permit based on the state's ridiculous obsession with business transactions. This angers me to no end. It's wrong...everyone knows it...yet, here we are. Twice the State has denied me the right to protect myself and family. First, the 365 fiasco in which Judge Legg spelled out a person's right in the clearest possible language, only to be overturned by CA4 in its rush to ignore the obvious. Then last month, the Board denied my application based on well-documented international threats against people associated with national defense. My wife tells me I'm too old to start a business; yet with all the hoopla surrounding "medical" marijuana, it does appear that one could get a permit for growing a substance still considered illegal at the federal level. Ain't the Free State great!

dogbone

Ultimate Member
    Nov 14, 2011
    GTT - Gone To Texas
    I hear ya and don't know whether to laugh, cry, sh*t, or go blind. Good for those who are in a position to take advantage of business owners being able to get a permit. Us poor wage slaves still pay taxes and walk the same streets but aren't worth protecting according to the State.

rambling_one

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Bowie, MD
    I hear ya and don't know whether to laugh, cry, sh*t, or go blind. Good for those who are in a position to take advantage of business owners being able to get a permit. Us poor wage slaves still pay taxes and walk the same streets but aren't worth protecting according to the State.

No disagreement from me. People have to play the hand they're dealt. The more permits the better.

newmuzzleloader

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 14, 2009
    joppa
    This morning I deposited just under $1K in cash at my local bank, currency derived as a salary rather than business income. Had it been the latter, I'm guaranteed a handgun permit based on the state's ridiculous obsession with business transactions. This angers me to no end. It's wrong...everyone knows it...yet, here we are. Twice the State has denied me the right to protect myself and family. First, the 365 fiasco in which Judge Legg spelled out a person's right in the clearest possible language, only to be overturned by CA4 in its rush to ignore the obvious. Then last month, the Board denied my application based on well-documented international threats against people associated with national defense. My wife tells me I'm too old to start a business; yet with all the hoopla surrounding "medical" marijuana, it does appear that one could get a permit for growing a substance still considered illegal at the federal level. Ain't the Free State great!

Wait a minute, you telling me all I need to get a ccw is start a business and deposit a $1,000 cash money? How often? Once a week? Twice a week? So lets say I collect wheat pennies and I incorporate as NMZ coins. I buy $1000 of coins from bank A on Wed. with cash, go through them taking out the wheat pennies, sell them back to bank B on Friday withdrawing $1,000 cash. I have made 2 different documented cash transactions each and every week.

That is all I need to prove G&S ????

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Wait a minute, you telling me all I need to get a ccw is start a business and deposit a $1,000 cash money? How often? Once a week? Twice a week? So lets say I collect wheat pennies and I incorporate as NMZ coins. I buy $1000 of coins from bank A on Wed. with cash, go through them taking out the wheat pennies, sell them back to bank B on Friday withdrawing $1,000 cash. I have made 2 different documented cash transactions each and every week.

That is all I need to prove G&S ????

Don't even need to prove cash transactions, just that you have active business accounts, and a letter from your bank stating such will do.

newmuzzleloader

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 14, 2009
    joppa
    Don't even need to prove cash transactions, just that you have active business accounts, and a letter from your bank stating such will do.

Thanks, I must of missed this reply. I have to look into this and find out more details, this sounds a little too simple. I guess I'll have to sift through 100+ pages of the "how to apply" thread and see what I can find.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom