Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Bowie, MD
    The Alert:

From: Kristie Makowiecki <kmakowiecki@baltimorecountymd.gov>
    Date: Wed, Aug 13, 2014 at 8:49 AM
    Subject: Area carjackings

I want to make the communities aware that we have had two carjacking incidents in our precinct. Both incidents occurred in the Rolling Road corridor between Dogwood Road and Route 40. The first incident occurred on 8/2/14, and the second incident occurred on 8/7/14.

In the first incident, the suspect flagged the victim down asking for money. The suspect then hit the victim in the head, and fled the scene in a car driven by the second suspect.

In the second incident, the victim was stopped at a stop light. Two suspects approached the victim's vehicle. They opened the driver side door and threw the victim from the car. They then fled the scene in the victim's car.

Please keep your doors locked and be aware of your surroundings. If you see someone approaching your car, do not open your door. If you see anyone suspicious hanging around at intersections, please call 911.

Officer Kristie Makowiecki
    Community Outreach Unit
    Randallstown Substation

My response to Sen. Kelley -

Thank you Senator Kelley for this alert...thankfully no one was maimed or
    murdered.

As a registered Democrat, septuagenarian and long time gun owner, I believe that law-abiding Marylanders should be able to carry a concealed weapon for self-protection.

My wife and I are retired and travel quite a bit. I hold six out-of-state permits and carry whenever we leave my home state.

I see that you voted in favor of SB281, a bill purposely designed to thwart disenfranchised folks from even purchasing a gun. Baltimore City residents, for example, have no gun range available to satisfy the one shot required MSP placed on them under COMAR. That notwithstanding, people living from week to week can hardly afford a gun, let alone the costly mandatory training and fingerprinting now required to exercise a basic civil right.

Shame on you.

A Bowie Resident

Big Dog

Dec 16, 2012
    North East
    When I had to submit my G&S for my post decisions pre stay application I cited MD numbers on carjackings and MSP bulletins describing them as dangerous and deadly. I was denied (I requested a board appearance over a year ago and have heard nothing yet). Seems to me if the police are telling us it is dangerous and this politicians felt it necessary to warn us then personal protection is certainly G&S.

I preach, of course, to the choir but it amazes me (though it should not) how stupid gun grabbers are. I do not think we should have to show G&S but if it is required at this time how much more than the above do we need to use self protection as G&S?

Brychan

Ultimate Member
    Apr 24, 2009
    Baltimore
    This is the first year, she has started sending out PSAs, she also sent a couple on traffic conditions due to bus stop pad replacement for Liberty road. My guess is it's an election year and she wants to appear concerned with her constituents, unlike other years when she can't be bothered with their concerns.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom