• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    It would be a rare occurrence if the GOP were to retain its present number of seats in both chambers. The ruling party loses seats in the midterms. To actually gain ground? That would astonish me.

I wonder how much governing will be done in 2018. Too many bought and paid for suits trying to distance themselves from Trump to bother exercising their majority.

Exactly. Whether you're a congressman in the majority or the minority party, you are still a congressman. Heck, it's probably easier being in the minority. People don't expect much.

Cyndi59

Don't conflate a right with a privilege.

The Driver License Compact between the states handles DL reciprocity.

COTUS should be the appropriate foundation for carry
    It would seem then if a driver's license is a privilege..then it's also to those in the may-issue states the right carry and in a way a ccw license/permit is also a privilege..and to a liberal POS everything is a privilege you would think..:sad20:

Fox123

Ultimate Member
    May 21, 2012
    Rosedale, MD
    So I am hearing that the Dems are going to demand that DACA be part of the next short term spending bill..... but the RINOs in senate don't have any interest in attaching reciprocity to anything like this must pass bills... More proof that everything that happened in the House late last year was just theater for the gun voters.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    So I am hearing that the Dems are going to demand that DACA be part of the next short term spending bill..... but the RINOs in senate don't have any interest in attaching reciprocity to anything like this must pass bills... More proof that everything that happened in the House late last year was just theater for the gun voters.

Gotta wonder how much campaign donation money has rolled in since they floated this reciprocity bill.

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV

Do these spending bills even require 60 votes? If not then the Dems can pound sand.
    Unless, of course they want to make a deal :D

Fox123

Ultimate Member
    May 21, 2012
    Rosedale, MD
    Do these spending bills even require 60 votes? If not then the Dems can pound sand.
    Unless, of course they want to make a deal :D

Yes, they have to vote to end debate on the spending bill (cloture) the cloture vote is them agreeing that they have discussed it enough and that they are ready to vote on final passage.

The cloture vote requires 60 yes.
    Final passage only requires 50 yes senators (with the V.P. being the tie breaker #51. He only gets to vote when it is 50-50)

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    Yes, they have to vote to end debate on the spending bill (cloture) the cloture vote is them agreeing that they have discussed it enough and that they are ready to vote on final passage.

The cloture vote requires 60 yes.
    Final passage only requires 50 yes senators (with the V.P. being the tie breaker #51. He only gets to vote when it is 50-50)

Ought to just roll everything in (reciprocity, DACA, the wall, in addition to spending bill, plus infrastructure due to cuts in foreign aid). A "grand bargain" that'll be difficult for more than 40 senators to vote against.

swamplynx

MDS Supporter
    Jul 28, 2014
    DC
    Ought to just roll everything in (reciprocity, DACA, the wall, in addition to spending bill, plus infrastructure due to cuts in foreign aid). A "grand bargain" that'll be difficult for more than 40 senators to vote against.

Agree. Add reefer legalization. No path to citizenship for DACA / Dreamers. Throw in some Hearing Protection Act... Let's make a deal.

Alea Jacta Est

Extinguished member
    MDS Supporter
    Agree. Add reefer legalization. No path to citizenship for DACA / Dreamers. Throw in some Hearing Protection Act... Let's make a deal.
    I'll say this for you...ya got potential.

A deal for me. A deal for you. Everybody gets a deal.

Add in return of the earmark and we can be back in bidness old stool style.

They are pretty damned polarized about now. I don't see it but then I do require corrective lenses.

The notion of tying reciprocity to dreamers is a damn fine one. I'm also liking Paul's efforts to reduce foreign aid and use that money for infrastructure/jobs. There's plenty others. I'd love to see them shake some swamp sh1t up.

MAGA indeed.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA

Attachments

• pinnochios.jpg
      pinnochios.jpg
      11 KB · Views: 202
    • pinnochios 2.jpg
      pinnochios 2.jpg