• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    Guess you spoke too soon. Now I want my donut. Keep in mind, you are only seeing the applicants that were denied for some reason and then appealed. You don't really know how many are approved.

I'm trying to dig that info out. So far I don't see this year's report, so if it was published it may not have been posted yet.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    OK, my friend said he listed the ISIS threats as a general threat. He said the investigator told him that the LD is not accepting that as G&S and that his status as an MP would most likely be the reason for issue. We all know that the investigators have no more insight then any of us as to what makes the LD tick, so until a typical active duty person (non-LEO) applies, we still don't know for sure.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Now about that donut... :nono:

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    Perhaps you haven't been following the interview process for very long or you'd realize that the interviewers are all over the board in their assessment of the applicant's worthiness. Their opinions has been proven to be just that, their opinion. Now, cough up the pastry.

That's what SOP stands for, right? "Standard Opinionated Procedure" ;)

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    Perhaps you haven't been following the interview process for very long or you'd realize that the interviewers are all over the board in their assessment of the applicant's worthiness. Their opinions has been proven to be just that, their opinion. Now, cough up the pastry.

Wait - THERE'S AN INTERVIEW PROCESS???

And here I thought it was just random questions pulled out of a hat.

Oh well, anyway, here ya go...

DSC_0406x900.jpg

Straightshooter

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2010
    Baltimore County
    Wait - THERE'S AN INTERVIEW PROCESS???

And here I thought it was just random questions pulled out of a hat.

Oh well, anyway, here ya go...

DSC_0406x900.jpg
    Yes, there is a process. My interviewer, who actually worked in the LD said that she called me and my wife in to review the information on our applications and "see if we looked crazy". I suppose that counts as a "process".

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    I don't know what it's called but it was a cake donut infused with dunkin donut glaze . . .

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    Gtfoh? If I knew it was sourcream I would have passed - but it was great!

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    Gtfoh? If I knew it was sourcream I would have passed - but it was great!

see, that's what you get. Don't knock anything til you try it. Reminds me of the time we gave my grandfather pumpkin pie(which he supposedly hated) and told him it was sweet potato pie. We told the truth after he was done licking the plate :lol2:

Gizmo98

Free At Last!!
    Nov 4, 2015
    Central PA
    Sorry to interrupt the donut discussion, but...:D
    What happens at 90 days if MSP doesn't get back to me? Is there any recourse? I'm not there yet, just curious.
    I'm sure this has been asked and answered several times, but I can't find it.

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    What happens at 90 days if MSP doesn't get back to me? Is there any recourse? I'm not there yet, just curious.
    Yeah walk into the MSP licensing trailer in Pikesville and demand your permit since they failed to meet the required deadline.
    Just kidding wait until they decide to respond if ever. There is no recourse unless you want to spend money in court. They will get back to you close to the 90 day mark usually anyway.

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013

Submit an appeal to the HGPRB on the 91st day. Under the statute it entitles you to get a hearing, not just a review. Public Safety 5-312(a)(2) "A person whose application for a permit or renewal of a permit is not acted on by the Secretary within 90 days after submitting the application to the Secretary may request a hearing before the Board by filing a written request with the Board."

Now back to our regularly scheduled donut discussion:)

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    Chit yea, a gold donut is better than one of those little gold stars they use to give out! Wait, gold donuts with edible gold stars!

solarfuel

Oct 24, 2013
    Not sure if this has been asked, i tried the search feature and could not find a response:

I am a minority owner and vice president of a business that makes weekly $500k+ deposits, would i qualify as a "Business Owner" or does that only extend to the majority owner/principal of the company?

Would a PBJ DUI in 2012 be grounds for automatic rejection? I had to take a 12 hour alcohol awareness class.

Thank you!

GTOGUNNER

IANAL, PATRIOT PICKET!!
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 16, 2010
    Carroll County!
    Not sure if this has been asked, i tried the search feature and could not find a response:

I am a minority owner and vice president of a business that makes weekly $500k+ deposits, would i qualify as a "Business Owner" or does that only extend to the majority owner/principal of the company?

Would a PBJ DUI in 2012 be grounds for automatic rejection? I had to take a 12 hour alcohol awareness class.

Thank you!

Your probably good to go..

How about introducing yourself here.http://www.mdshooters.com/forumdisplay.php?f=119

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom