• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hakuna Matata

May 14, 2014
    I had my application returned today bc I used the form given by the link in the original post. MSP says that form is no longer being accepted AND handwritten applications are also no longer being accepted. The form must now be filled out online and printed then signed and mailed along with any and all supporting documents. There is also no longer a need to have the application notarized. The application fee is $75

Just passing along a lil of what I learned today ;-)

USCGTC

Feb 4, 2017
    Handgun Wear and Carry Permit

Does anyone know where i a find the most current application for the WearandCarryApplication.pdf? The MSP web site doesn't seem to have it online.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA

Attachments

• WearandCarryApplication01-17.pdf
      1.5 MB · Views: 178
    • md permit.JPG
      md permit.JPG
      84.5 KB · Views: 616

earle9966

Jan 29, 2017
    Whiteford, MD
    I'm about to begin my classes for MD W&C.
    I am Co-owner of a couple of rental properties that I collect rent for.
    I keep getting different versions of what kind of records I will need to provide to MSP.
    I'd like to see what version I hear on here.
    Deed?
    Deposit slips?
    Book keeping?

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    taken directly from the permit application.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Bear in mind that the operative phrase is "arbitrary and capricious." Success of appeal of an MSP denial to the Handgun Permit Review Board has been spotty. Personal Protection has been especially difficult condition to prevail under. But certainly feel free to try your luck.

UPDATE:
    It's really difficult to judge the success of initial license applicants because all that surfaces openly in the public view are the denied applicants requesting an appeal audience before the HPRB. Any other statistics must be requested from the MSP LD, who I believe are required to publish statistics but don't. Transparency, verifiable metrics, customer service, etc. be damned.

Mightydog

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Question I have is it states "retired LEO - evidence of tenure". I guess that does not apply to retired military police? I'm retired with over 20 years as a 95B. All we have is our DD214 showing MOS and type of retirement. Any retired military police out there that have tried to get a CC from Maryland? Thanks for your help.

CypherPunk

Opinions Are My Own
    Apr 6, 2012
    Question I have is it states "retired LEO - evidence of tenure". I guess that does not apply to retired military police? I'm retired with over 20 years as a 95B. All we have is our DD214 showing MOS and type of retirement. Any retired military police out there that have tried to get a CC from Maryland? Thanks for your help.

Are you qualified for LEOSA?

If so, I would work to secure that as a first option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Hakuna Matata

May 14, 2014
    Thank you but thats the same PDF i got. I was hoping someone had downloaded the real application.
    WearandCarryApplication.pdf

You can't really "download" the application bc it has hidden "pop-up" questions that appear depending on how you answer the previous question. That's why they say it must be completed online then printed out and signed

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    Tried when I first retired but the problem was that the DOD retired ID cards do not show anything about MOS or if LEO. Have all my letters, certificates, etc showing duty. Have to check that out again. Tanos
    Contact 5.56blaster. He got his LEOSA as retired military law enforcement. He can probably give you some good insight.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    here.

this is the same as the on line form. i have now posted it twice.

Attachments

• WearandCarryApplication01-17.pdf
      1.5 MB · Views: 154

GTOGUNNER

IANAL, PATRIOT PICKET!!
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 16, 2010
    Carroll County!
    I see what Stu is saying. Pages come and go (pop up) on the copy he provides as well But the form does say.....

Attachments

• MSP Permit Requirement..JPG
      MSP Permit Requirement..JPG
      42.9 KB · Views: 384

Magnumst

Ultimate Member
    Mar 26, 2013
    Does anyone know where i a find the most current application for the WearandCarryApplication.pdf? The MSP web site doesn't seem to have it online.

This was my issue as well. The original link in this sticky is an outdated form. It's been a complete cluster since I sent the original form. Finally think I have it straight.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    as pointed out, you must complete the form and print it out on your computer. you cannot just print it out and fill it in.

I had some problems with my PDF-X-Change viewer software.

Adobe Acrobat works fine

Users who are viewing this thread

• CWO

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom