• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • t84a

USCG Master
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2013
    West Ocean City, MD
    I was recently given one of these. An internet search reveals some scary scenarios. I'm not comfortable shooting it. I can't really just give it back. Do I just put it in my safe and forget about it? The issues are too many to list. If you want to give me some guidance, Google Chiappa M1-22.

Also, see http://www.m1carbinesinc.com/safety.html right on their own site. I work on bikes, not guns so I'm not real comfortable with a lot of the stuff I'm reading. Thanks

303_enfield

Ultimate Member
    May 30, 2007
    DelMarVa
    If they run they run great. If not send it back. They will send a free call tag an in three weeks you'll get a fixed rifle or a new one.

t84a

USCG Master
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2013
    West Ocean City, MD
    T84a,

Do you have the 22 or 30M1 version? The link you gave is for the 30M1 version, not the 22.

The 22 version is discussed here:

http://m1family.com/topic437.html

It sounds like a quick inspection, and return if the chamber is defective.

Q

I have the 22 version. I read that post. What exactly am I looking for with respect to "the breach end of the barrel and look for a feed ramp machined into the barrel at the 6 o'clock position"?

Is this the "hash mark" or "groove"? I have a groove at 1 o'clock. I'm not really understanding. Do you guys have this gun?

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    It sounds like they're saying the feed ramp leaves the case unsupported at the bottom rear. That's not unusual in centerfire pistols, but is a very bad idea in a rimfire, which uses thin cases which are easily ruptured.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SrAIC

Latest threads

Top Bottom