• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • boss281

Ultimate Member
    Apr 14, 2012
    Carroll County
    I am curious about the max distance to target. My PCC with RDS would be fine but I doubt I could hit targets with my pistol and fixed sights given my eyesight...then again, I suppose that might make the blooper reel...

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    I am curious about the max distance to target. My PCC with RDS would be fine but I doubt I could hit targets with my pistol and fixed sights given my eyesight...then again, I suppose that might make the blooper reel...

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I believe the max distance was 35 yards. Most were closer.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Glad a few folks have enjoyed the video. Hopefully it wets the whistle for folks who are thinking they might give Steel Challenge a try. The extra special sauce of the Stage O' Madness makes the standard parts of the challenge some good wholesome fun. Biggest problem for AGC: they're going to find themselves turning a lot of people away, especially when the weather gets better.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Glad a few folks have enjoyed the video. Hopefully it wets the whistle for folks who are thinking they might give Steel Challenge a try. The extra special sauce of the Stage O' Madness makes the standard parts of the challenge some good wholesome fun. Biggest problem for AGC: they're going to find themselves turning a lot of people away, especially when the weather gets better.

Video has already been distributed on social media, I've gotten two people already who are asking when is the next match and how do I sign up?

Magnumite

Ultimate Member
    Dec 17, 2007
    Harford County, Maryland
    FWIW, one of the key components of this match...and it is a first I have seen...are the competitors saying the Pledge of Allegiance. A component well administered. Cudos to the match director.

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    For those interested in a sanctioned Steel Challenge match there will be one final match in 2019 at Shadow Hawk Defense in WV, Nov. 30-Dec. 1.
    4 Squads on Saturday AM and 3 on Sunday PM 7 of the 8 official SC stages. That is on the weekend after Thanksgiving. Registration opens in 2 days.

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    FWIW, one of the key components of this match...and it is a first I have seen...are the competitors saying the Pledge of Allegiance. A component well administered. Cudos to the match director.

I haven’t been to many other matches, so if this isn’t a normal thing then I’m glad we do it at AGC.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    I got in and will be shooting at Delta this weekend. They run a good match but don't have the room to do the big Stage O Madness like we can at AGC.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Bikebreath

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 30, 2009
    in the bowels of Baltimore
    I got in and will be shooting at Delta this weekend. They run a good match but don't have the room to do the big Stage O Madness like we can at AGC.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I assume that was the stage where you moved from barrel to barrel. I think it looked like fun in the video, but very unusual for a steel match. Points though, for imagination and creativity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom