• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • traveller

The one with two L
    Nov 26, 2010
    variable
    I have found my Colt 9mm AR to be extremely reliable.

With the 16in barrel it is noticeably lower in noise than a handgun or rifle caliber rifle.

If 32 rounds don't do the trick, it's time to switch to missiles.

Anything, from a sharpened broomstick on up, that is capable of stopping a human, will penetrate 2 sheets of drywall and then some. Unless you are in an apartment, hitting someone outside of the building is extremely unlikely. Most incidents involving kids 'shot in their bedroom' are the result of people intentionally shooting multiple rounds into a house. While there is always a first, I can't remember ever reading of a case of legitimate home defense that ended up with Innocents outside of the home getting hurt.

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    Most calibers will likely penetrate the walls of most newly constructed homes nowadays. It doesn’t really matter what platform you choose.

It is more important to train in your home and establish fire zones. Places and firing angles need to determined beforehand. Treat this just like a backstop.

With that, I’m Also experimenting with pcc for home defense. I find the AR9 or any pistol caliber carbine highly maneuverable and easy to use. Concussion from the blast isn’t much of an issue. But, still an issue.

This is why I got a integrally suppressed AR9. It’s easy to use and easy on the ears as well. With quality defensive ammunition, pre- determined fire zones and a bit of training. It should be adequate for most home defense applications.

Attachments

• 9148B1DD-562C-4CBD-BD39-A11FDE841E1C.jpg
      9148B1DD-562C-4CBD-BD39-A11FDE841E1C.jpg
      81.8 KB · Views: 306

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Among several bedside guns at my house is a Glock 22 with 9mm conversion barrel and brace. I need to put a light on it. It shoots dead nuts.

Attachments

• 0CA923E6-CDD0-492B-AB43-2B5596637950.jpg
      0CA923E6-CDD0-492B-AB43-2B5596637950.jpg
      61.4 KB · Views: 289

Tracker

Aug 21, 2011
    Anne Arundel County
    You guys got me again. After several of you mentioned the Ruger Carbine I had to go look for it on YouTube. I thought I was done buying for this year but NO! I gotta get one of those :)

Dan44

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 5, 2008
    You guys got me again. After several of you mentioned the Ruger Carbine I had to go look for it on YouTube. I thought I was done buying for this year but NO! I gotta get one of those :)

Check out York this weekend, I got one at Harrisburg last week $540 OTD tax etc and got the 17rd Ruger mag.

Dizzle

Jan 27, 2018
    Most calibers will likely penetrate the walls of most newly constructed homes nowadays. It doesn’t really matter what platform you choose.

It is more important to train in your home and establish fire zones. Places and firing angles need to determined beforehand. Treat this just like a backstop.

With that, I’m Also experimenting with pcc for home defense. I find the AR9 or any pistol caliber carbine highly maneuverable and easy to use. Concussion from the blast isn’t much of an issue. But, still an issue.

This is why I got a integrally suppressed AR9. It’s easy to use and easy on the ears as well. With quality defensive ammunition, pre- determined fire zones and a bit of training. It should be adequate for most home defense applications.

What is integrally suppressed? Does that require a tax stamp?

CelticBiggie

Mar 26, 2016
    Ruger PC carbine. Takes glock mags. Take down model. and a hell of a lot cheaper than a CZ scorpion or Vector.

Dizzle

Jan 27, 2018
    Ruger PC carbine. Takes glock mags. Take down model. and a hell of a lot cheaper than a CZ scorpion or Vector.

Wouldn't it be nice if Ruger made the PC Carbine in a pistol form like the 10/22 has the charger pistol... That would be perfect but I think the PC Carbine is just too heavy and big to manuver around a house in my opinion.

CelticBiggie

Mar 26, 2016
    Wouldn't it be nice if Ruger made the PC Carbine in a pistol form like the 10/22 has the charger pistol... That would be perfect but I think the PC Carbine is just too heavy and big to manuver around a house in my opinion.

Home defense is a shotgun and a glock 17.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    I looked up High Tower Armory . The OAL is 26.25in , so here we would need to pin & weld an 3.5in muzzle device .

And would give me pause to put a $250 stock on a $199 rifle .

engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    I looked up High Tower Armory . The OAL is 26.25in , so here we would need to pin & weld an 3.5in muzzle device .

And would give me pause to put a $250 stock on a $199 rifle .

High Tower Armory came up in another thread. I think they have a cool product, but that bull pup stock has been coming soon for almost 2 years :tdown:

Tracker

Aug 21, 2011
    Anne Arundel County

I did buy a PC Carbine last weekend. Bass Pro $549.99. The barrel is pretty short and it only weighs 6.8 lbs?. It wouldn't be any harder to maneuver than my 12 ga. coach gun but a handgun beats them both for really tight quarters. I got it for plinking not HD so it's not a problem for me.

omegared24

Ultimate Member
    Dec 23, 2011
    Ijamsville, MD
    I have an HP995 and it works great. If it fails, which it rarely does, I can beat the perp with it.

With that said, my bedside gun is a S&W Sigma (SW40VE). Go ahead...flame on. I like a 40 cal and a shitty trigger.

I also have access to my go to AR (5.56) that was built properly and is dripping with lube.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom