• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gunismyfriend

Apr 24, 2017
    I have the advantage arms kit for a gen 3 glock 19. Runs almost perfect with dirty old golden bullets. Reviews i read when i bought it a few years back had mentioned that was the best ammo for it.

I'm happy with the Advantage conversion for my G22. It works very well with Remington Golden Bullets.

I shoot a advantage arms 22 conversion on a gen4 19 and it works great. I also use Golden bullets. Many thousands of rounds through it with very little problems. It just becomes a jamomatic once it hits a certain dirt level. I can usually fix the jams for a few more mags worth by just wiping the feed ramp off with my finger.

Do you guys use the 40gr only, or is it OK to use the 36gr also?
    At Dick's, they currently have Remington Golden 100rd 40gr for $7.98, and 525rd 36gr for $27.xx.

Zorros

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2017
    Metropolis
    I bought a jonathan ciener .22 conv kit 15 yrs ago for my G 27. Instructions tell you what and what not ammo to use for reliable recycling. My goal was not so much to shoot ..22 but to shoot the 27 more, with less exp ammo.
    I Would not buy it again. But i see some benefit to shooting the 27 more as its a sometimes carry gun. But its not a substitute for the .22, its a substitute for the .40.

sbbieshelt

Jun 26, 2009
    Simple Pleasures Farm
    I have an advantage arms conversion. I picked it up used off ENOS classifieds years ago. It works just fine with Remington golden bullets. They are cheap enough. This is my go to gun for ground hogs in the barn. The Glock 17 with the conversion is accurate enough and small enough to have around working in the barn.

gunismyfriend

Apr 24, 2017
    Tried my new .22 conversion kit for g19 gen4 tonight. It worked as expected, which means very well with the right ammo.
    As for ammo, just like folk have reported in this thread, Remington Golden bullet 36 gr HP worked flawlessly in the 60+ rd that I fired. These are currently on sale at local Dick's for $27.99. To top it off, they gave me a $10 coupon for future purchase for each transaction.

Details on other ammo:
    1 x FED AUTO MTCH 22LR 40GR SLD 325/3250 (FEAM22) $15.64
    Very dirty, as you can see a smoke cloud after each round. FTF/FTE 7/30rd.

1 x WIN WILDCAT 22LR 40GR LRN 50/5000 (WNWW22LR) $2.43
    FTF/FTE 4/20rd

1 x FED AM EAGLE 22LR HV HP 40/4000 (FEAE22BX) $2.13
    Problem 2/20rd, start of each magazine when the load is tight. Jam at start of each magazine

1 x FED GMSHK 22LR HV 40GR SLD 50/5000 (FE710) $3.13
    Problem 1/20

1 x CCI QUIET SEGMENTED 22LR 40GR HP 50/ (CCI970) $5.66
    FTE every round, "quiet"

1 x AGUILA 22LR SV SP 40GR 50/5000 (AGA1B222332) $2.07
    Problem 3/40

1 x AGUILA 22LR HV SP 40GR 50/5000 (AGA1B222328) $2.19
    0/50

Remington Golden bullet, 525rd, 36gr, $27.99
    0/60

Remington Golden bullet, 100rd, 40gr, $8.99
    0/20

Last edited:

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Is there a good loader for this?
    I spent way more time loading magazines than firing.
    This is pretty much how it works with 22lrs. Buy more mags and pre-load them.

I will say that I used to be a dedicated 22 pistol guy, but have migrated over to conversions. They work fine for me, and I like being able to make use of the upgrades I've made to my pistol's frame. There may be a weight difference, but claiming this is worse than buying a whole new 22lr to practice with is a very suspect claim to me.

All of that said, my favorite 22lr pistol is the Beretta 71. Handles great, and feels like a gun I'd bet my life on (excepting the caliber).

gunismyfriend

Apr 24, 2017
    How to make your Advantage Arms Glock 22 conversion eat anything

Here is a mod to the magazines. It involves a little filing which seems to fix cycling issues.
    https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=430146

Thanks for the info.
    Later parts of the comments indicate that Advantage Arms have taken steps to fix the problem in the factory, so all new kits should come without any need to modification.

gunismyfriend

Apr 24, 2017
    Just an update, my glock 19 gen4 .22 conversion kit has been wonderful.
    After 3000rd, and no cleaning, it’s still going strong. This has also led to a significant reduction in my grouping.
    Recently I tried the .22 CCI mini-mag. The exterior is much cleaner than the Remington Golden Bullet, as the latter leaves a coat of blackish golden powder on the hand. However, once it’s fired, CCI mini-mag gives a much more noticeable cloud than Remington Golden Bullet. With the price ($0.10/rd) of CCI mini-mag double of that of Remington, it’s easy to choose the winner.
    If you see someone wearing a pair of surgical gloves while loading a glock magazine, that might be me.
    For someone who is new to shooting, .22 conversion kit is certainly a viable option to get better for a much lower ammo cost. Besides, the lower recoil helps to keep the right technique.

gunismyfriend

Apr 24, 2017
    Update: Got more
    1 x AGUILA 22LR HV SP 40GR 50/5000 , but it turned out to be inferior than expected. Practically one Fail to fire/feed/eject for every magazine for the Glock .22lr conversion kit.
    Wish I had stuck with Remington Golden Bullet.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Update: Got more
    1 x AGUILA 22LR HV SP 40GR 50/5000 , but it turned out to be inferior than expected. Practically one Fail to fire/feed/eject for every magazine for the Glock .22lr conversion kit.
    Wish I had stuck with Remington Golden Bullet.

That stuff won't even feed in my Browning single stack magazines. They are very waxy and stick in the magazine. I wonder too if the casing diameter isn't quite to specification. I have to use force to seat them in a revolver. Build the wall...

gunismyfriend

Apr 24, 2017
    Got some good deal on Remington Golden bullet 525pack yesterday from Dick's. $30 sale price - 25% + 6% sales tax ended up less than $24/box. That's the lowest I've seen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom