Anyone N-SSA, North-South Skirmish Shooters?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jaybeez

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Patriot Picket
    May 30, 2006
    Darlington MD
    Forum searches turned up a few older posts from members that participated. Wondering if anyone here currently does these matches?

bmkoenig

I did it several years ago and will probably be going again now that my son has started school.

I have several friends who are very active in the artillery competition.

Send me a PM and I can get you some contact info.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    My daughter has a friend who's entire family participate in these activities. Is there something you need to know? Maybe I can ask her to ask her friend.

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    Do you guys post where these are held for bystanders to watch and enjoy? Or, where to go online to see when and where

Thanks!

Mike OTDP

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    The N-SSA BB is a good resource for Civil War arms. The N-SSA Calendar has the various matches listed. Not much left this year, things shut down between November and late March. The Nationals, in May and early October, are well worth seeing.

Ngrovcam

Ultimate Member
    Jun 20, 2016
    Florida
    I used to shoot NSSA back in the 60’s
    and early 70’s...back when there were still a
    few guys using original leather and lots of
    original weapons. Enjoyed it greatly, and
    now that I am retired, I think about
    kicking back in...still have all the gear from
    reenacting. Would just need mould and such.
    And, a Yankee unit - hard to come by in these here parts - Southern Maryland.

Mike OTDP

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    Not hard at all. Most N-SSA units are fairly scattered - my own has members spread from North Carolina to Pennsylvania. There are a host of Federal units in this region.

was42

Aug 19, 2010
    Carney, MD
    I've shot N-SSA for 58 years, every season since 1961. Team matches, artillery, mortar and individual events (revolver, smoothbore horse pistol, carbine, repeater (Henry & Spencer), smoothbore musket and rifled musket) provide the variety to keep me slinging lead and burning powder. There are hundreds of N-SSA members in this area. We used to have a Spring match ("skirmish") at the Marriottsville range and filled the entire line with teams in several relays back in the "Tuckmantel days." Good times!

Boxcab

MSI EM
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 22, 2007
    AA County
    My baby brother and his misses are very active in NSSA. They live near Winchester, so its easy for them. I've been to a couple Nationals competitions and find it very interesting. Plan to attend some more in the future.

If any you members know the vaudeville act of Joe-Joe and Tama, say "Hi" for me!

was42

Aug 19, 2010
    Carney, MD
    "John Z"

I have a friend John Z , who's in the Maryland Sons of Confederate Veterans Color Guard with me and he's in his 60's and has been shooting there since he was a kid.

I went to college with John, U of MD in the early '60s. He is still active, a member of McNeill's Rangers...and, like me, John is in his mid-70s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom