• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    http://mgaleg.maryland.gov/webmga/frmMain.aspx?pid=billpage&stab=01&id=sb0115&tab=subject3&ys=2019RS

http://mgaleg.maryland.gov/webmga/frmMain.aspx?pid=billpage&stab=02&id=hb0541&tab=subject3&ys=2019RS

I guess the Supreme court will have to spank MD. It's coming soon. Supreme Court already took one gun case. by 2020 when these asshats are looking for re-election, they will probably have taken more. There is a clear circuit split, over 40 states are shall issue (plus DC), so it wont be resolved in MDs favor. Abortion and gay marriage came to Alabama, shall issue maybe even permitless carry is coming to MD. Thats how the wheel turns.

These bills would have been the correct way to get rid of the HPRB...

MdGunFiend

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 26, 2012
    http://mgaleg.maryland.gov/webmga/frmMain.aspx?pid=billpage&stab=01&id=sb0115&tab=subject3&ys=2019RS

http://mgaleg.maryland.gov/webmga/frmMain.aspx?pid=billpage&stab=02&id=hb0541&tab=subject3&ys=2019RS

I guess the Supreme court will have to spank MD. It's coming soon. Supreme Court already took one gun case. by 2020 when these asshats are looking for re-election, they will probably have taken more. There is a clear circuit split, over 40 states are shall issue (plus DC), so it wont be resolved in MDs favor. Abortion and gay marriage came to Alabama, shall issue maybe even permitless carry is coming to MD. Thats how the wheel turns.

These bills would have been the correct way to get rid of the HPRB...

I still can't believe how DC blew past us and allowed handgun permits without reasoning, but Maryland still bawking at it

Last edited by a moderator:

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    If MD really really wanted to postpone the inevitable, they would fix it and postpone the lawsuit. Supreme Court takes edge cases. Right now, NYC , HI, and NJ are the edge cases. NYC case on transport is being heard. Soon, MD will be the edge case.

jefflac02

Dec 28, 2016
    Here’s my shocked face!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

PowPow

Where's the beef?
    Nov 22, 2012
    Howard County
    Shocked that Conaway voted for it. Perhaps his constituents are finally giving him an earful.

yeah I was surprised by that too.

ChiliPepper and I spoke with Delegate Conaway on Monday night. He was telling us that he was with us. I looked at his voting history, recent and not so. Yes, he has this year. I encouraged him to more strongly support liberty in my letter yesterday. I also wrote that supporting liberty doesn't mean he had to give up his party affiliation. It really shouldn't boil down to that in this country. Sadly, the extreme left now controls the Democrat party and is demanding automatic votes for their agenda. Delegate Conaway may be seeing exactly that. He is an entrepreneur, which means he's a self-starter. Self-starters typically don't like to be told how to do something. :innocent0

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    ChiliPepper and I spoke with Delegate Conaway on Monday night. He was telling us that he was with us. I looked at his voting history, recent and not so. Yes, he has this year. I encouraged him to more strongly support liberty in my letter yesterday. I also wrote that supporting liberty doesn't mean he had to give up his party affiliation. It really shouldn't boil down to that in this country. Sadly, the extreme left now controls the Democrat party and is demanding automatic votes for their agenda. Delegate Conaway may be seeing exactly that. He is an entrepreneur, which means he's a self-starter. Self-starters typically don't like to be told how to do something. :innocent0

He is probably more in tune with his constituents. Residents are actually ok with this. Every person I talk to lib or conservative would be fine with this. Its our old-time establishment overlords like Frosh who aren't.

Back of the envelope, New York State case will be heard in Oct and opinion out Jan or Feb. Some 5-4 decisions take longer but with Kennedy gone I doubt there will be much wrangling. Which means, SCT will have more than likely issued an opinion before the next legislative session.

Abacab

Sep 10, 2009
    MD
    Didn't Frank's dad get into a kerfuffle over an expired permit he was renewing?

Perhaps that gave him a new perspective on things. Either way, good to see.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Didn't Frank's dad get into a kerfuffle over an expired permit he was renewing?

Perhaps that gave him a new perspective on things. Either way, good to see.

Frank's dad also changed parties the last year before he passed.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    I trust Roberts to vote with us as far as I can throw him. Everyone said he was a shoe in to vote against the ACA.

Look what happened.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    I dont trust Roberts, however I do trust at least 3 of the other 4 to know where Roberts vote is. I doubt that the others would have granted cert without reasonable confidence Roberts was on their side. As for the 4th (Kavanaugh, not sure hes been there long enough to know where Roberts vote is), I do trust he is sufficiently persuasive to bring Roberts along.

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    I thought the SCOTUS would have taken more gun cases by now given it is such a hot topic and there are quite a few cases that should make it to them. So given the fact that we are not sure there is a favorable outcome given the current makeup of the court, why is SCOTUS taking and ruling therefore ending debate with D outcome .... I thought that D influence on the court would push now??

Mike OTDP

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    I thought the SCOTUS would have taken more gun cases by now given it is such a hot topic and there are quite a few cases that should make it to them. So given the fact that we are not sure there is a favorable outcome given the current makeup of the court...

Until six months ago, nobody knew which way Kennedy would jump. So nobody was willing to roll the dice. Any major 2A case will have social repercussions on the order of Brown vs Board of Education. This is the current civil rights frontier.

Kavanaugh is thought to be a more reliable vote...and I don't think for one second that they are taking a 2A case without knowing how it's going to go.

Raineman

On the 3rd box
    Dec 27, 2008
    Eldersburg
    Effing cowards.

Also cowards are the Republicans in the MGA who had the numbers to petition this out of committee for the past 2 years.

The same Republicans who survived 2018 and still want our support.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom