• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

NatBoh

Ultimate Member
    Jan 4, 2012
    Baltimore
    A useful strategy is to not get caught up in attempting to push back against the latest agenda of the gun grabbers. In that arena they have the initiative, and set the agenda. Our efforts there would be overwhelmingly reactive. That's playing a losing hand. We need to articulate a different position entirely, and drive that agenda without the entanaglements that come from dancing to their tune. Think of Uncle Remus and Tar Baby.

Our position should be very focused and clear: To the various occupants of seats in Annapolis: The battle line is not between Democrats and Republicans. It is between law abiding citizens and criminals. Put consideration of additional restrictions on the freedoms of law abiding citizens on hold. Instead, craft legislation and enforcement mechanism that will address the actions/behavior of criminals that engage in the wide variety of violent crimes against law abiding citizens. Establish criteria for assessing effectiveness. Your job is to take action to provide for the safety of Maryland's law abiding citizens. DO YOUR JOB.

That messge delivered repeatedly, in multiple venues, with great urgency. Simple, clean, targeted.

I completely disagree with your assertion that it’s the job of Maryland government to provide for my safety.

Other than the Federal government’s duty to provide for the common defense, government has no legal or moral duty to provide for my protection. That’s my job!

hillbilly grandpa

Jan 26, 2013
    Arnold
    I completely disagree with your assertion that it’s the job of Maryland government to provide for my safety.

Other than the Federal government’s duty to provide for the common defense, government has no legal or moral duty to provide for my protection. That’s my job!

OK. Expound on how that translates into a political strategy that (a) attracts widespread active engagement and (b) lends itself to sustained action. The political arena was, initially, the focus of the thread.

randomuser

Ultimate Member
    Nov 12, 2018
    Baltimore County
    Your job is to take action to provide for the safety of Maryland's law abiding citizens. DO YOUR JOB.

Warren vs district of columbia disagrees with what you say is their job.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warren_v._District_of_Columbia

Tbh, gov is overpriced and underperforming at anything they do anything. I'd rather not have my rights be infringed and maintain my own security without a 20 min lag from call to coos on site. Let's face it. If the reason you are calling the cops is because there is someone you can't defend against you should probably have a gun to sway things in your favor. If the criminal has a gun then at least you have a level playing field. If you have to wait any time for your own defense then YOU did not take control of your own security and couple potentially be harmed because you failed to prepare.

This so far was about protecting yourself. There is an equally important reason to be armed.

NatBoh

Ultimate Member
    Jan 4, 2012
    Baltimore
    OK. Expound on how that translates into a political strategy that (a) attracts widespread active engagement and (b) lends itself to sustained action. The political arena was, initially, the focus of the thread.

It shouldn’t be the basis of of a political strategy since government has no duty to protect its citizens.

Not only does it have no duty to do so, but when the citizens most need that protection, government is incapable of providing it. They are in self preservation mode at that point.

randomuser

Ultimate Member
    Nov 12, 2018
    Baltimore County
    It shouldn’t be the basis of of a political strategy since government has no duty to protect its citizens.

Not only does it have no duty to do so, but when the citizens most need that protection, government is incapable of providing it. They are in self preservation mode at that point.

If you ever want to see how incompetent government is on almost anything they do just go to youtube and watch Trey Gowdy blast apart every single person in front of him and watch how incompetently people answer his direct questions. If you really want to get pissed at how your tax dollars are wasted definitely check it out.

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010

Agree especially The Right to Bear Arms The founding Fathers stated it clearly.

“The militia is our ultimate safety. We can have no security without it.”

Patrick Henry

“I ask, sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for few public officials.”

"It becomes all therefore who are friends of a Government based on free principles to reflect, that by denying the possibility of a system partly federal and partly consolidated, and who would convert ours into one either wholly federal or wholly consolidated, in neither of which forms have individual rights, public order, and external safety, been all duly maintained, they aim a deadly blow at the last hope of true liberty on the face of the Earth." ( external safety was threats to the country from outside others)

George Mason

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    Agree especially The Right to Bear Arms The founding Fathers stated it clearly.

“The militia is our ultimate safety. We can have no security without it.”

Patrick Henry

“I ask, sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for few public officials.”

"It becomes all therefore who are friends of a Government based on free principles to reflect, that by denying the possibility of a system partly federal and partly consolidated, and who would convert ours into one either wholly federal or wholly consolidated, in neither of which forms have individual rights, public order, and external safety, been all duly maintained, they aim a deadly blow at the last hope of true liberty on the face of the Earth." ( external safety was threats to the country from outside others)

George Mason

We desperately need a LIKE button.

cstone

Dec 12, 2018
    Baltimore, MD
    If only we could get a legislator to propose a bill eliminating 80% of politicians and 80% of lawyers. I believe this would solve more than 80% of our problems.

buellsfurn

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2015
    southern end of Maryland
    saw this sunday at the chantilly show this is a amazing artist, Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!" Patrick Henry www.tonymoreschi.com check out the prints I wanted the t shirt with this but he was out

yakfish

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 27, 2017
    All my home builds are undocumented.

If that’s good enough for immigrants, it’s good enough for guns.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    No ATF is pretty specific on how serial numbers must be.

1, 2, 3 are acceptable.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

As I have stated before.

Serial number 1

then Serial Number 1

Then Serial Number 1

They don't say they have to be unique. :D

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics