• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    Anyone know what's up with the MSI web-site this morning? Went to follow through on my donation pledge and got the following:

Error: Failed to start application: Could not connect to MySQL server.

I'll wait until 9 or 10 today and try it again... perhaps someone forgot to throw a shovel-full of coal on the ol' server overnight :-)

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    Great news!!
    Perhaps grab an independent contractor study of the traffic in the area in said time frame, but keep them walking ...

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    AWESOME SAUCE!!!!!!!! :party29:

When you will pay my bills, you can judge me for being concerned about losing my job. I have been emailing and calling my representatives. In 2013, I was in Annapolis until 9:30 or so, so I had my opportunity to speak, which I did. There are other ways of helping. I am not simply sitting by wringing my hands. I have been out there, and I will be again. This past Monday was simply too risky for me to come out in person. I know that is their desired effect. I am glad Monday was peaceful. It is encouraging and gives others like me confidence to come back out.
    You are good in my book sir. :thumbsup:

If you can make it to the MDS Mexi-fest this Saturday, I will be pleased to buy you a slug of tequila.

https://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=219354

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Anyone know what's up with the MSI web-site this morning? Went to follow through on my donation pledge and got the following:

Error: Failed to start application: Could not connect to MySQL server.

I'll wait until 9 or 10 today and try it again... perhaps someone forgot to throw a shovel-full of coal on the ol' server overnight :-)

back up

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    So if the plaintiffs win the case what is the result? Financial compensation or does the person who ordered the arrest get some sort of punishment?

Money for the win. I'd hope my attorney could twist out a good settlement.
    Judges, Juries, Appeals and on and on, yuk.

People hoping for jury duty, ya right, you'll be seated.. lol

Adolph Oliver Bush

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 13, 2015
    Fantastic! I know for me personally, this arrest gives me pause for future protests. I can't afford it because of work. Thank you guys for standing up for all of us.

You know the only thing true about the chiefs statement is that they were warned three times, right?.

Show up. Do your part. Leave the first time that they tell you.

Note that several folks including myself did not leave, and we were not arrested. The leadership was targeted.

THier

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 3, 2010
    Muscleville
    Me thinks they FUBARed big time! Not being a lawyer type,,,, but it seems to be an open and shut case! Great job guys!

cantstop

Pentultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2012
    MD
    When you will pay my bills, you can judge me for being concerned about losing my job. I have been emailing and calling my representatives. In 2013, I was in Annapolis until 9:30 or so, so I had my opportunity to speak, which I did. There are other ways of helping. I am not simply sitting by wringing my hands. I have been out there, and I will be again. This past Monday was simply too risky for me to come out in person. I know that is their desired effect. I am glad Monday was peaceful. It is encouraging and gives others like me confidence to come back out.

I think you should pm esqappellate.

Last edited:

Mr. Ed

This IS my Happy Face
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2009
    Edgewater
    You know the only thing true about the chiefs statement is that they were warned three times, right?.

Show up. Do your part. Leave the first time that they tell you.

Note that several folks including myself did not leave, and we were not arrested. The leadership was targeted.

^^^ This.

While I understand some peoples' concerns about being arrested, if you follow the LEOs commands to leave or be arrested, there's not much chance of seeing the back seat of a patrol car. Just leave peacefully.

Rack and DL made a conscious decision to stand their ground and face arrest, instead of complying with the (unlawful) command to leave.

This confrontation with the LEOs has been brewing for a long time, but not between us and them, but more likely between the legislators who hate our guts and and us. One (or possibly more) of them must have gotten his buttons pushed and used whatever influence he had (and I deliberately use the past tense) to force the LEOs to make the arrest.

There is a lot of drama unfolding behind the scenes, and in (what might seem to take forever) time it will come to light. I have full faith and confidence in the legal team to discover (and uncover) the corrupt machinations that led up to this fateful and illegal arrest.

There isn't enough popcorn for what we're about to experience, and I'm proud and honored to be able to watch from the sidelines, while standing shoulder to shoulder with some of the finest, most honorable men I've ever known.

Some older folks here might remember that Reader's Digest had a section in every magazine entitled, "My Most Memorable Character" or something to that effect. It's easy to see the front line members of the Patriot Picket filling many issues for years to come.

Well done, Patriots! :party29:

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    This whole illegal action taken by the MCP inspires me to do more , i am not scared of being arrested maybe i am stupid or blind . I am not letting them take any further of my rights away , we all need to get involved and if it is with your wallets then so be it .

Many forms of support exist so we need all types , money , foot soldiers , legal eagles , sign makers , none of it is not possible without all of us in our various jobs being pissed off enough to pick a job to do . We need everybody and everybody is important to the cause .

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Is this eligible for out of court settlement? IANAL at all.

Absolutely, it's what good attorneys "shoot" for imo.

Ever see what sits in the jury box? It's a crap shoot no matter how solid you believe your case is. Friend of mine was getting sued and offered the plaintiff around $1k to drop it.
    Went to hearing and she was awarded $1. We still laugh over that good fortune, and he was pro se at that!

Mr. Ed

This IS my Happy Face
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2009
    Edgewater
    Is this eligible for out of court settlement? IANAL at all.

Probably two sides to that. Sure, the state might want to settle to save face, but IMHO this case is more about precedent and making significant change to our repressive government than it is about money.

Going to trial has the potential to air out the dirty laundry (on the record) for the public to see. If the goal is to make significant changes to the way our sausage is made, then the more we can expose the dirty little secrets of the sausage makers the better.

This probably won't completely get rid of the corrupt lawmakers in the state house, but even if it results in just a few getting replaced, it should send a message to the rest that they are being watched, and there are some citizens who have the balls to call them out on their underhanded shenanigans.

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    Absolutely, it's what good attorneys "shoot" for imo.

Ever see what sits in the jury box? It's a crap shoot no matter how solid you believe your case is. Friend of mine was getting sued and offered the plaintiff around $1k to drop it.
    Went to hearing and she was awarded $1. We still laugh over that good fortune, and he was pro se at that!
    Lionel Hutz approves.

Vetted84

Nov 8, 2016
    Probably two sides to that. Sure, the state might want to settle to save face, but IMHO this case is more about precedent and making significant change to our repressive government than it is about money.

Going to trial has the potential to air out the dirty laundry (on the record) for the public to see. If the goal is to make significant changes to the way our sausage is made, then the more we can expose the dirty little secrets of the sausage makers the better.

This probably won't completely get rid of the corrupt lawmakers in the state house, but even if it results in just a few getting replaced, it should send a message to the rest that they are being watched, and there are some citizens who have the balls to call them out on their underhanded shenanigans.

You are being way too optimistic. By and large majority of the public could care less about the dirty laundry a trial might expose.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    A win win is winning at court. Getting the truth entered into the official record.

And a large cash settlement to make them remember the next time they consider stepping on the BOR.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom