All politics aside, Damn this Federal Government Shutdown . . . .

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PF Flyer

Sep 8, 2010
    I'm a furloughed (read "laid off" without a paycheck) Federal Government employee.

With some time on my hands and some "spare change" still jingling around in my pocket, thinking that this would be a good time to get to know it, with all of the free time on my hands.

I went this morning to purchase a Maverick 88 12 g with a 18.5 b for HD, on sale, at the same place where I picked up my Remington 870 Express a couple of months ago.

Back then, the electronic Form 4473 Green Light took all of 10 to 12 minutes. Today, I waited for an hour, before being informed that my 4473 has been "delayed" by NCIC. And that, with no promises, it might take "a week or two" to become unstuck.

Damn!

Mightydog

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Was that “Damn” because of the “partial” shutdown or “Damn” because you think the delay with NCIC is due to the furloughed folks? Any reason for the delay given? Tried resubmitting the form? Besides.....your not supposed to have any free spending money, your supposed to be just about losing your house, having your credit ruined and about to eat your cats and dogs.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    I'm a furloughed (read "laid off" without a paycheck) Federal Government employee.

With some time on my hands and some "spare change" still jingling around in my pocket, thinking that this would be a good time to get to know it, with all of the free time on my hands.

I went this morning to purchase a Maverick 88 12 g with a 18.5 b for HD, on sale, at the same place where I picked up my Remington 870 Express a couple of months ago.

Back then, the electronic Form 4473 Green Light took all of 10 to 12 minutes. Today, I waited for an hour, before being informed that my 4473 has been "delayed" by NCIC. And that, with no promises, it might take "a week or two" to become unstuck.

Damn!

The Brady law limits delays to 3 days on the 4473. After that, you can go ahead and pick it up, even if they didn't get a disposition yet. It's not "a week or two". In a couple days, go get your gun.

INMY01TA

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2008
    The Brady law limits delays to 3 days on the 4473. After that, you can go ahead and pick it up, even if they didn't get a disposition yet. It's not "a week or two". In a couple days, go get your gun.
    Depends where you bought it. Some FFL’s may still choose to wait for the “not disapproved” to come back.

Alan3413

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2013
    You're outta luck. The NCIS computer is waiting for a software patch and all the government employees are furloughed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rifleman

Latest threads

Top Bottom