• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • XCheckR

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 20, 2013
    HdG
    So i had the TV on this morning while getting ready for work and they did the bit on the gun violence day....but they had someone who basically called out the judicial system and cited some stats about repeat offenders...i was in the shower so i only heard it (or imagined it)...

did anyone else catch that???? i did some searching and couldnt find it.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    Clarence Mitchell IV railed about it for about an hour on WBAL radio this AM ... maybe it was him doing a cameo

TheRealSundance

AK47..All you need
    Oct 21, 2008
    There is a FB page that lists arrest for guns in Baltimore and list all previous crimes. Some guys have pages and pages and have done barely any time.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    ***Not To Offend Alert.*** If the caller is a member here.

Caller was saying 20% the criminal's fault, 20% LEO's fault, 20% the system's fault, blah, blah, blah until 100% is reached.

How about it's 96% the criminal's fault, 1% LEO's fault, 1% the system's fault, until 100% is reached.

We wouldn't even need the other 4% if the criminals didn't commit crimes.

Or we could say it's 100% the criminal's fault and call it a day.

Mr H

Banana'd
    I get your point, and agree in principle.

But, if it's the caller I think it was, a lot of the focus was on the judges. Partly true, but trial lawyers and their cronies (many of whom MAKE our laws and regulations) have decided to keep an eye turned toward their 'day job' income stream. How better to secure that, than a revolving door?!

Then, to where do many trial lawyers get promoted???

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    I get your point, and agree in principle.

But, if it's the caller I think it was, a lot of the focus was on the judges. Partly true, but trial lawyers and their cronies (many of whom MAKE our laws and regulations) have decided to keep an eye turned toward their 'day job' income stream. How better to secure that, than a revolving door?!

Then, to where do many trial lawyers get promoted???

Congress! :lol2:

And our General Assembly.

Matlack

Scribe
    Dec 15, 2008
    The BCPD chief was railing about it at a press conference also. Seems like the powers that be have decided that Mosby is dead weight and are ready to ditch her.

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    ***Not To Offend Alert.*** If the caller is a member here.

Caller was saying 20% the criminal's fault, 20% LEO's fault, 20% the system's fault, blah, blah, blah until 100% is reached.

How about it's 96% the criminal's fault, 1% LEO's fault, 1% the system's fault, until 100% is reached.

We wouldn't even need the other 4% if the criminals didn't commit crimes.

Or we could say it's 100% the criminal's fault and call it a day.

How about: 1st offense= 100% criminal's fault
    2nd offense= 50% criminal's fault+ 50% justice system's fault
    3rd offense= 33% criminal's fault+ 67% justice system's fault
    4th offense and beyond= 20% criminal's fault+ 80% justice system's fault

DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012

I'm with you on this. After the first chance or two, the criminal isn't getting the hang of being rehabilitated. The system needs to recognize that, and start keeping him in jail for longer.

And quit using the plea bargain to give away the house. "Mandatory" sentences should be exactly that.

ted76

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 20, 2013
    Frederick
    I'm with you on this. After the first chance or two, the criminal isn't getting the hang of being rehabilitated. The system needs to recognize that, and start keeping him in jail for longer.

And quit using the plea bargain to give away the house. "Mandatory" sentences should be exactly that.

After the first chance or two, being hanged will take care of the problem. :innocent0

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007

What do you do with the miscreants that's first crime is petty larceny, he serves his time or gets probation, second time, it's simple assault, he serves his time, third offence, it's another petty larceny, then the big one on the fourth go around. Aggravated assault with a firearm. Where did the system fail?

There are many that will do the little deeds for some time and then for whatever reason, they jump into the big leagues.

They should have never had a fourth chance and I'm not even sure about the third time either. This cycle has to be broken and if there's not at least a 3 strike law, they will continue. What's the incentive to try to turn your life around? They certainly aren't afraid of the judicial system as it's implemented now.

How about a 3 strike law and it must be served in a federal prison? I bet that would get their attention.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    If the first domino had kept his hands to himself and didn't commit assault and battery on the second domino, all the other dominos would remain upright.

People talk about battered gun owner syndrome. Same thing with crime. Folks are starting to believe other people are at fault.

I get and agree with the whole judicial system and revolving door thing, but it's a far removed, secondary, issue.

And I'm still convinced it comes down to votes. Any politician who votes to put ONE criminal away risks loosing TWENTY family member votes come election time.

good guy 176

R.I.P.
    Dec 9, 2009
    Laurel, MD
    The dude who comes to our hood had best get it right the first time cause there won't be a second chance and no one in the chain will be held responsible.

Lew--Ranger63

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom