• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    This is precisely why I do 2 things when talking to folks...

Avoid the use of the "G-word". It's being used by the antis as a standalone pejorative, and buying into it is not helping us.

Use the term "Criminal Violence". Add 'with firearms' if a distinction is needed, but generally it shouldn't be. The criminal aspect it where the problem really is... and we have lawmakers and a legal system that isn't holding criminals to account.

^^^ This.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    yeah why do we have to single out "gun" violence. aren't we against all violence. kinda like hate crime, aren't we against all crime. put and keep violent offenders in jail and i guarantee crime will go down.

Uncle Duke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2013
    Not Far Enough from the City
    This is precisely why I do 2 things when talking to folks...

Avoid the use of the "G-word". It's being used by the antis as a standalone pejorative, and buying into it is not helping us.

Use the term "Criminal Violence". Add 'with firearms' if a distinction is needed, but generally it shouldn't be. The criminal aspect it where the problem really is... and we have lawmakers and a legal system that isn't holding criminals to account.

Exactly. These people are expert in the purposeful manipulation of words. Theyre SO GOOD in fact that our own community unwittingly uses their manipulated terminology. These are the same craftsmen who gave us "undocumented" in lieu of illegal when coupled with immigrant. And "common sense" purposely coupled with gun control.

Ever hear of fire violence? Knife violence? Automobile violence? Club or tire iron violence?

Of course we haven't. And we won't hear it either. In fact, they sound ridiculous, don't they? That's because the indoctrination process never happened with these terms. Doesn't achieve the desired connotation. Doesn't fit the agenda. Yet none of the above differ one iota from the now well entrenched and purposely created term we hear today as "gun violence".

These people are masters of word manipulation. Words as weapons. These craftsmen are oftentimes every bit as clever as they are twisted.

Make no mistake about it.

pappa

Dec 9, 2015
    Exactly. These people are expert in the purposeful manipulation of words. Theyre SO GOOD in fact that our own community unwittingly uses their manipulated terminology. These are the same craftsmen who gave us "undocumented" in lieu of illegal when coupled with immigrant. And "common sense" purposely coupled with gun control.

Ever hear of fire violence? Knife violence? Automobile violence? Club or tire iron violence?

Of course we haven't. And we won't hear it either. In fact, they sound ridiculous, don't they? That's because the indoctrination process never happened with these terms. Doesn't achieve the desired connotation. Doesn't fit the agenda. Yet none of the above differ one iota from the now well entrenched and purposely created term we hear today as "gun violence".

These people are masters of word manipulation. Words as weapons. These craftsmen are oftentimes every bit as clever as they are twisted.

+1. You are so right. They create euphemisms to redefine words manipulatively, with intent that people hearing will subconsciously accept completely false assertions.
    Reminds me of Wall Street con men who "repackage and relabel" securities to a new name - not specifically included in SEC regs - so they can commit fraud without being prosecuted.
    Quite a large segment it seems of the Democrats see nothing wrong in their new morality - the one where only lip service is paid to morality, but it is not allowed to influence their actions. Do see that it spread to RINOs also, so not picking on dems.
    Everything decays, even governments, so I guess all we can do is try to slow it. At least this election we can put a non- politician in the White House.
    I wish I had known about the orange thing sooner. Would have been great to put some actual common sense (2A) ideas in black writing on orange Tees and ~~ be a part of their day. Only trouble is they run in gangs, and are so violent, (ex. Their Nazi Fascist behavior at Trump rallies to keep us from hearing his message). If you are alone , two could start trouble while others called the law; then all swear you confronted them. Lot of witnesses, while you have none - you will be found guilty.
    Being right isn't enough. You must also be cunning enough to avoid the serpents bite. To look at Bill and Hillary and not see evil there simply mystifies logic. They have many supporters, so always play it safe. Pat

pappa

Dec 9, 2015
    Just realized I have a bright orange cap with embroidered -- " Let'em" (in gold) , " Hunt " (green outline). Never worn.
    Might.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊

http://momsdemandaction.org

It's been their motto for awhile. You guys should know your enemy.

They use "Gun Sense" as of a few seconds ago.

WE NEED TO CO-OPT THAT TERM!

It's just ripe to mean what we want it to - to turn it back on them. That's how we start.

I've noticed that they got lazy and sloppy in their concepts last year, and they've been quiet this year. They're less active than the National Ride to Work organization around here. Now could be the time, gang.

shovel1966

May 14, 2016
    Springfield, VA
    Checked out the site, wearorange.org seemed innocent enough until those famous words "common sense solutions"...

Mark

They seemed innocent enough to me also until I clicked on their "Partners" tab. It is riddled with organizations that I will have nothing to do with. ie...Everytown for Gun Safety, The Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, Mayors Against Illegal Guns, and 91 more.

XCheckR

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 20, 2013
    HdG
    I like some of the ideas here....especially removing the GUN word...and adding something on the back of a shirt....

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    The internets has orange stuff for sale (not sure if it will come in by june 2nd at this point though).

I like this one, 2 birds one stone.

Attachments

• HRC orange.jpg
      HRC orange.jpg
      25.2 KB · Views: 157

Applehd

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 26, 2012
    I guess I will just have to wear this one...

Attachments

• IMG_20160531_093542_989.jpg
      IMG_20160531_093542_989.jpg
      27.4 KB · Views: 134

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads