• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gcs7th

Ultimate Member
    Jan 26, 2012
    AGC
    Not sure if anyone mentioned it but last week was fire safety week. Check your smoke alarms, fire extinguishers, and Co2 detectors. There’s some great deals this month. Thanks to all our firefighters out there!

I found one of my fire extinguishers was below full and I replaced it! Stay safe.

Does anyone know if the local fire departments will take them? I know this is a cheaper plastic unit and can’t be refilled.

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    Not sure if anyone mentioned it but last week was fire safety week. Check your smoke alarms, fire extinguishers, and Co2 detectors. There’s some great deals this month. Thanks to all our firefighters out there!

I found one of my fire extinguishers was below full and I replaced it! Stay safe.

Does anyone know if the local fire departments will take them? I know this is a cheaper plastic unit and can’t be refilled.

Fire related calls at our station are starting to uptick.-
    I used to let the kids empty the old extinguishers that needed to be replaced so they could become familiar with them.
    Even have them describe what actions they would take to get out of the house safely periodically to create awareness and have a working plan.
    Only takes a few minutes to make sure everyone has their head screwed on correctly.
    Thanks for the reminder!

Gcs7th

Ultimate Member
    Jan 26, 2012
    AGC
    Good idea Doco Overboard! I'm glad I took RA training back in college we got to practice with fire extinguishers too. Its like anything the more experience you have the more comfortable you are.

Mighty Joboo

Sep 15, 2020
    Also, people need to be aware of what type of extinguisher you need for what type of fire. I think fire classifications and effective fighting methods aren't taught nearly enough.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom