• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sammycastello

Sep 4, 2020
    Southern Md
    Hello new guy from Waldorf. I'm new to gun ownership. Have been the the gun range several before I got HQL or first gun i own. Glock 43x no not a glock fan boy but i do like their product and it was only thing available and that i liked in the store when i went to make my purchase. Will to try other guns if anyone has suggestions. Jusy let me know

Dave MP

Retired USA
    Jun 13, 2010
    Farmland, PA
    [FONT=&quot]Welcome from PA!

Take a look at these [/FONT][FONT=&quot]helpful[/FONT][FONT=&quot] links – LOTS of [/FONT][FONT=&quot]amazing[/FONT][FONT=&quot] info!

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]FORUM RULES[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]Rules are written in the stone, Break the rules and you get no bones, all you get is ridicule, laughter, a shine box, and a trip to the house of pain.
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Range Etiquette and Staying Safe[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Admin News and Announcements[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Gun Rights and Legislation[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Industry Partners[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]MD Shooters Firearms Map[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Acronym list[/FONT]

boothdoc

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 23, 2008
    Frederick county
    Welcome, I might suggest that you visit a few ranges that provide rental services and try out some different products.
    Firearms are like cars. They come in many colors and size. Big HP models and little zip about ones that only sip fuel.

jamesp15

Jul 16, 2018
    Southern PG
    Myrtle Grove is a good outdoor range near you, $5 for an "hour" (can stay all day if no ones waiting for a table) or $20 unlimited all year access.
    Info: https://dnr.maryland.gov/wildlife/Pages/publiclands/southern/myrtlegrove.aspx
    If you wanted to pay for a year: https://compass.dnr.maryland.gov/dnrcompassportal make an account and choose the Myrtle Grove option, you might also be able to buy at places that sell fishing licenses.

No rentals there though, but its a good cheap and nice place to shoot usually without lines. Wear shoes/boots that you dont mind getting muddy if you go, it can be a mudpit for a few days after any decent rain.

I would offer to meet you there and shoot some of my weapons if you wanted, but my work schedule right now is brutal so I cant commit to much right now.
    PM me if interested sometime and I can make something work probably.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom