• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kirkster

Jan 9, 2009
    Severn, PRoMD
    Ok, here is the situation.

I am left handed and just picked up a Tavor in the right hand configuration this week. My buddy has found one in the left hand configuration and will be picking it up on Saturday.

We just want to swap the two rifles between ourselves.

Now these are currently unregulated rifles. As long as we do the swap before Oct1 we should be good to go?

Is there anything we should look out for so that Jonny law will be happy??? Not that we care if Jonny law is happy or not its MD after all. Just trying to keep it all legal.

Cheers

K

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    You do not need to swap anything but the parts that covert the left hand to the right hand as far as I know. They are all parts not firearms and will be legal to sell ( the parts that is) after 1 Oct.

Ianal and I am not a gun expert so double check before its to late...

Fwiw.

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    You do not need to swap anything but the parts that covert the left hand to the right hand as far as I know. They are all parts not firearms and will be legal to sell ( the parts that is) after 1 Oct.

Ianal and I am not a gun expert so double check before its to late...

Fwiw.

Believe you are right.. bolt swap and switch the ejection port cover/charging handle

Kirkster

Jan 9, 2009
    Severn, PRoMD
    Yep, just trade bolts and reconfigure the other parts. All of the directions for the swap are in the manual.

Larry

Just looked at the swap guides out there on the interwebs... We will just trade rifles.... Its not like either of them has been fired at this point...

Gskwared

Supreme Being
    Feb 4, 2013
    Carroll County
    DO NOT swap bolts out yourself on a Tavor. There is a reason that Tavor quit selling LH bolts to the public. Apparently there is a small problem with headspace and timing. It could cause the rifle to blow up in your face. I called the factory and they are telling people to mail their rifles back to them for the conversion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom