• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • I woke up to this message in my inbox this morning. It happened just steps from where I live, which is normally a very quiet area. Remember, the DC council decided that having gun control was more important than a vote in Congress.

Good Morning,

On July 31, shortly before 1:00 am, Fourth District units responded to the 200 block of Upshur Street, NW , for the report of a shooting. Four victims were located suffering from gunshot wounds. The victims were transported to a local area hospital to be treated for what appear to be non life-threatening injuries. Anyone with information regarding this incident is urged to call 1-888-919-CRIM[ E].

BlueHeeler

Ultimate Member
    Apr 28, 2010
    Washington, DC
    Preaching to the choir, but the fallacy that people willing to commit murder will observe gun laws is the law of the land. What will be interesting is how your community responds. We have a few shootouts per month in my neighborhood and the resident response is always for more police and more gun control.

Deapsee

NaN
    May 1, 2009
    Calvert
    Just Odd

Sometimes Internet stories get a life of their own ( like the recent Laredo invasion.) but if you say you heard shots I believe you.

So has the media become so used to DC shootings that they no longer have any interest or is their some other reason a shooting with four victims gets no play?

Nanook

F-notso-NG-anymore
    Sometimes Internet stories get a life of their own ( like the recent Laredo invasion.) but if you say you heard shots I believe you.

So has the media become so used to DC shootings that they no longer have any interest or is their some other reason a shooting with four victims gets no play?

If the facts don't fit their mold, they must be invalid = ignore the truth. i.e. - There are no gangs, just groups of misguided yu'ts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom