• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hogarth

Ultimate Member
    Jun 13, 2009
    Trying this again after some technical issues:

https://civiliangunfighter.wordpres...ertification-course-xenia-oh-6-28-18-6-30-18/

Happy to address any questions or comments here on the forum.

I've spent six training days with Givens this year because he's around 66 years old and not getting younger (the death of Pat Rogers last year was a wake-up call) and because he's had 66 students be in positions to defend themselves with firearms over the years, 63 of whom were successful. The three who were not were unarmed the day they needed their guns. That information is quite instructive on its own.

Chasbo00

Jun 30, 2012
    Northern VA
    Nice review and congrats on the Top Gun Award.

Despite being an old military guy, I've always thought Givens' civilian orientation and skills focus was/is smart. I think it's among the very best training available for the vast majority of us who are not active military, contractors required to carry guns, or LEOs.

hogarth

Ultimate Member
    Jun 13, 2009
    Nice review and congrats on the Top Gun Award.

Despite being an old military guy, I've always thought Givens' civilian orientation and skills focus was/is smart. I think it's among the very best training available for the vast majority of us who are not active military, contractors required to carry guns, or LEOs.

Thanks for the kudos.

From my experience, Tom is one of the few who looks at the stats and then bases his curriculum off the stats. And his knowledge of the history of firearms, ammunition, actual gunfight, police response times, human anatomy etc., is encyclopedic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom