• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wabbit

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2010
    Does anyone know if Reagan National (DCA) have any regulations regarding handgun possession? If someone were coming to Virginia and landed in DCA with several handguns in their checked luggage and complying with all FAA and TSA regulations, would they risk getting arrested at the airport?
    Thanks.

Markp

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2008
    Yes DCA is in VA, but technically the northbound section of the GW Parkway that runs next to Arlington Cemetery is in DC.

lol, you are protected by FOPA, sort of.... and if you believe that we'll be closing GITMO later this week. LMAO.

Mark

BeltBuckle

Ultimate Member
    Feb 14, 2008
    MoCo, MD
    Does anyone know if Reagan National (DCA) have any regulations regarding handgun possession? If someone were coming to Virginia and landed in DCA with several handguns in their checked luggage and complying with all FAA and TSA regulations, would they risk getting arrested at the airport?
    Thanks.

I've done it. Not remotely an issue. Under FOPA it would not be an issue even if DCA were not in VA, but it is. Don't worry about it.

wabbit

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2010
    I've done it. Not remotely an issue. Under FOPA it would not be an issue even if DCA were not in VA, but it is. Don't worry about it.

OK, I was being paranoid. I thought the restrictions of D.C. extended to the airport. So, I'm going to bring a Rock Island 1911, 9mm Hi-Power, Keltec P-11, and a Ruger Mark II with me.
    Thanks everyone.

GHF

Dec 11, 2009
    Orlando, Florida
    Rules for DCA

1. The airport is in Virgina - NOT the District
    2. No carrying in the Terminal Building - Air carrier airport terminal buildings (§18.2-287.01)
    3. The Metro allows both open - without a permit, and concealed - if you hava a VA or VA reciprocal permit.
    4. Other than the stretch of GW Parkway by the Pentagon - check for details at http://www.vcdl.org/static/gwp.html, there are no problems, as long as you stay WEST of the Potomac.
    5. The law changed on 1 July. You can go into a restaurant that sells booze and eat but not drink - if you stay concealed. Eating and drinking is allowed - if you carry open.

Last edited:

jonnyl

Ultimate Member
    Sep 23, 2009
    Frederick
    1. The airport is in Virgina - NOT the District
    2. No carrying in the Terminal Building - Air carrier airport terminal buildings (§18.2-287.01)
    3. The Metro allows both open - without a permit, and concealed - if you hava a VA or VA reciprocal permit.
    4. Other than the stretch of GW Parkway by the Pentagon - check for details at http://www.vcdl.org/static/gwp.html, there are no problems, as long as you stay WEST of the Potomac.
    5. The law changed on 1 July. You can go into a restaurant that sells booze and eat but not drink - if you stay concealed. Eating and drinking is allowed - if you carry open.

on #5 - you're allowed to drink alcohol if you OC?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom