• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    I'm guessing his screen name is his initials and badge #, lol.

There is a news person floating around , asking NRA questions & political .

Yeah for them to start out that strong is kinda of a dead give-away .

jep3242

Jun 18, 2018
    Lol...just getting the joke. Ahhh no I don't work for MSP. I'm a contractor for the Gov...Geeezzz

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    When you received your permit, there was a piece of paper included (the one that mentions the 10-day window). On that is an address for the HPRB. A simple letter will do, saying that you've just received your permit, and that you'd like a permit modification hearing because of concerns about the ambiguity in your restrictions. Be sure to provide them with a valid email address AND a valid phone number. Though you'll get postal mail eventually, you'll get more info via email explaining the state of things. You'll eventually get an email saying they've received your request (this could take a couple of months), and then you'll eventually receive a notice telling you when your hearing is scheduled. This will take several more months. In the meantime, you should head to Crownsville at least once or twice to sit in and watch the show, so that you understand the flow of things - it really helps, seeing it in the flesh, to de-mystify the process. But you HAVE to get that letter off to them right away. I'd say it's worth the $7 or so for a traceable Priority Mail letter as you send that request, because you'll want the evidence that your request was delivered promptly, even though nobody will get back to you for many weeks.

Note that, once you are engaged with the board to set up your hearing, you'll be given the opportunity to request that the board - rather than seeing you in person - reviews your request in the form of a written letter, instead. You would need to convincingly convey your concerns in writing. Because you'll have time to decide whether or not to go down that road (which will get handled a lot earlier on the calendar than an in-person hearing), you'll STILL want to attend a hearing or two, to understand the sorts of things the MSP have to say, and the way the board tends to talk it through. Any support you might get from MSI or other folks here will have lots of time to accumulate. But get in your simple request for that hearing right away, and request it using a signature-required form of delivery. Have fun! I'm half way through this circus myself, right now.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    Just in case this is MSP LD , why are you folks acting the way you do with the permits . Where are the marching orders coming from . We ask a question you answer , then we will answer your question . Fair game we could play .

Don H

Ultimate Member
    Jan 17, 2013
    Hazzard County
    When you received your permit, there was a piece of paper included (the one that mentions the 10-day window). On that is an address for the HPRB. A simple letter will do, saying that you've just received your permit, and that you'd like a permit modification hearing because of concerns about the ambiguity in your restrictions. Be sure to provide them with a valid email address AND a valid phone number. Though you'll get postal mail eventually, you'll get more info via email explaining the state of things. You'll eventually get an email saying they've received your request (this could take a couple of months), and then you'll eventually receive a notice telling you when your hearing is scheduled. This will take several more months. In the meantime, you should head to Crownsville at least once or twice to sit in and watch the show, so that you understand the flow of things - it really helps, seeing it in the flesh, to de-mystify the process. But you HAVE to get that letter off to them right away. I'd say it's worth the $7 or so for a traceable Priority Mail letter as you send that request, because you'll want the evidence that your request was delivered promptly, even though nobody will get back to you for many weeks.

Note that, once you are engaged with the board to set up your hearing, you'll be given the opportunity to request that the board - rather than seeing you in person - reviews your request in the form of a written letter, instead. You would need to convincingly convey your concerns in writing. Because you'll have time to decide whether or not to go down that road (which will get handled a lot earlier on the calendar than an in-person hearing), you'll STILL want to attend a hearing or two, to understand the sorts of things the MSP have to say, and the way the board tends to talk it through. Any support you might get from MSI or other folks here will have lots of time to accumulate. But get in your simple request for that hearing right away, and request it using a signature-required form of delivery. Have fun! I'm half way through this circus myself, right now.

Or you could move to the free state of WV and carry open or concealed without a permit (I know, off topic and stating the obvious).

This is why even though I own my own business where I carry at times large amounts of cash I won't get a permit. Too easy to get tripped up with the restrictions. Nothing but a bunch of red tape to discourage us from exercising our rights.

jep3242

Jun 18, 2018
    It makes no logical sense for anyone to pose as a MSP asking about the appeal process or restrictions. If it was up to me Md would be just as easy to obtain like Utah, Va or DC. I have all 3 and I have to deal with BS in the state I pay taxes in. It's a waste of time and money but that's Md.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    Being a State Trooper they can carry 24/7 , the police are are a better bunch then the public . We have political figures that get special treatment while the public and citizens live in the real world . And deal with real world issues .

The state of Maryland sucks a a bag of dicks .

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    It makes no logical sense for anyone to pose as a MSP asking about the appeal process or restrictions. If it was up to me Md would be just as easy to obtain like Utah, Va or DC. I have all 3 and I have to deal with BS in the state I pay taxes in. It's a waste of time and money but that's Md.

The biggest thing is you have to go to hearing in Crownsville , it will be the only way to gain real information .:thumbsup:

And it is fun watching the MSP get their asses handed to then . ;)

Also you can meet some folks there as well .
    There is no better forum on the interwebs for Maryland issues and fun and BS . But please realize it takes time to get you feet wet .

jep3242

Jun 18, 2018
    Not to mention when you call MSP licensing division and ask questions...they have the shittest attitudes and seem irritated. They also don't know how to answer any questions about the restriction.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    This is why even though I own my own business where I carry at times large amounts of cash I won't get a permit. Too easy to get tripped up with the restrictions. Nothing but a bunch of red tape to discourage us from exercising our rights.

Rather, this is a very valid TO navigate the red tape and invest the time. Because the anti-gunners are doing everything possible to make your owning (let alone carrying) a gun to be an aberration. They want that to seem rare, strange, and scary. ESPECIALLY in an insane state like MD, those of us who are able to pass the absurd G&S hurdles (and then subsequently do the dance to have our restrictions lifted by the HPRB) should do so. MUST do so.

Because that raises the head count of permitted carriers in the state. It increases the odds of such a person interacting with uninformed fellow Marylanders who have absolutely no idea what this is all about. Unlike other states, where this is far more common, your fellow Marylanders are completely obtuse about this. We're the strange ones, the outliers. It's on us to make proudly carrying a far more common, more discussed, more understood thing. Though "because I think it's ideologically important" isn't G&S per the MSP, it's a strong reason to get over the annoyance about the process and just freakin' DO it. Not doing it is letting the anti-gunners continue to win their campaign to make gun owners scary.

jep3242

Jun 18, 2018
    The biggest thing is you have to go to hearing in Crownsville , it will be the only way to gain real information .:thumbsup:

And it is fun watching the MSP get their asses handed to then . ;)

Also you can meet some folks there as well .

Yes...I watched one of the hearing on youtube MSI posted and the state trooper seemed pissed and confused. Couldn't answer any of the questions the guy was asking.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    Not to mention when you call MSP licensing division and ask questions...they have the shittest attitudes and seem irritated. They also don't know how to answer any questions about the restriction.

Because the book tells them to put restrictions on our permits , they are azz-holes and i mean that in the nicest way . :innocent0

jep3242

Jun 18, 2018
    People with clearances can get permits to carry in thier off hours. The restrictions usually read "while employed with XXX agancy" or similar, never heard of a "while conducting business" restriction for a clearance based permit.

Mines says while conducting business for my companies name as a (my job title). There is no times or days on it. It also says MD only and not where guns are prohibited.

Does that mean off hours...I don't know...it's confusing.

sports89man7

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 21, 2018
    the police are not going to care what your excuse is. they will still lock you up if they think you are breaking your restrictions. I know its stupid, but its Maryland. my permit expires next week and im not wasting my time and money to go to a stupid review board to try and get my restrictions taken off when i already know what the answer is going to be. msp does it intentionally because they can.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    the police are not going to care what you excuse is. they will still lock you up if they think you are breaking your restrictions. I know its stupid, but its Maryland. my permit expires next week and im not wasting my time and money to go to a stupid review board to try and get my restrictions taken off when i already know what the answer is going to be. msp does it intentionally because they can.

To be clear the review board is not stupid , the HPRB you put down keeps the MSP in check from abusing power it has had for many years .

The State of Md. and MSP are responsible for this problem , they could issue un-restricted permits at the wave of a pen or by keyboard .

You putting down the review board is foolish IMHO , they are the solution not the problem for a government with too much power .

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    the police are not going to care what your excuse is. they will still lock you up if they think you are breaking your restrictions. I know its stupid, but its Maryland. my permit expires next week and im not wasting my time and money to go to a stupid review board to try and get my restrictions taken off when i already know what the answer is going to be. msp does it intentionally because they can.

Most useless post of this thread.

jep3242

Jun 18, 2018
    I’m filling out the form for the hprb and informal review request. Sorry but does anyone know where I would get the HPU number for these half docs?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom