• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • klutch

Mar 27, 2018
    Regarding District 8 - Bromwell initially voted FOR the red flag bill, but changed his vote at the very end, presumably because he could vote no and still have the bill pass. Still, he's unquestionably the best 2A candidate among Democrats running in this district, but I will not vote for him in the general election. Klausmeier's primary opponent isn't a serious challenger. Boteler is a big friend of 2A. Norman got a D from NRA-PVF, but I've seen his questionnaire, and it's quite reasonable. Some quibbles, but not anything worth withholding a vote in this primary. Secoura has been a candidate for at least the last two elections but she's not a party insider, so she's not ticketed up with anyone with name recognition.
    THIS is why I find the NRA's rating system enigmatic at best; egregious at worst!

klutch

Mar 27, 2018
    Regarding District 8 - Bromwell initially voted FOR the red flag bill, but changed his vote at the very end, presumably because he could vote no and still have the bill pass. Still, he's unquestionably the best 2A candidate among Democrats running in this district, but I will not vote for him in the general election. Klausmeier's primary opponent isn't a serious challenger. Boteler is a big friend of 2A. Norman got a D from NRA-PVF, but I've seen his questionnaire, and it's quite reasonable. Some quibbles, but not anything worth withholding a vote in this primary. Secoura has been a candidate for at least the last two elections but she's not a party insider, so she's not ticketed up with anyone with name recognition.

Not true about Bromwell! Here's the initial tally of 1302:

http://mgaleg.maryland.gov/2018RS/votes/house/0458.pdf

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    Not true about Bromwell! Here's the initial tally of 1302:

http://mgaleg.maryland.gov/2018RS/votes/house/0458.pdf

Somewhere, probably in the 1302 thread, are two pictures of the board from the floor vote that night. They were taken roughly two minutes apart. The first has Bromwell voting FOR 1302, the second has him voting against it.

This is commonly where critters are allowed to change their vote if they voted mistakenly, or can find the opportunity for political cover by changing a vote that allows them to claim one thing while having hoped and supported another.

Again, Bromwell is far and away the best Democrat on 2A running for Delegate in District 8. Were I a Democrat, I would absolutely vote for him, and have in the past. He won't get my vote in the general for a few reasons.

EDIT: Please see the following two posts. One vote taken at 9:52, the other at 9:54. Bromwell's vote is among those changed.

https://www.mdshooters.com/showpost.php?p=5176033&postcount=1498
    https://www.mdshooters.com/showpost.php?p=5176056&postcount=1505

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    At least half the Dems realize they have zero chance of actually winning , and just want the publicity/ fame .

Most of "my' Dems go unopposed in General Election.

Short of my only slightly facetious sugguestion the Maryland Rep party abolish itself , having A candidate is better than no candidates.

Added - I went and read his campaign Facebook . His positions on Taxes, Spending, and dealing with MS-13 make more sense than all the MoCo Dems combined at County level and MGA level .

If he were 10yr older saying exactly the same things , OR running as an Independent, he would be taken seriously.

Sure, and easily defeated in my district. When it comes to spending, the votes here are split now between bleeding heart elites that we should all give government more, then those voters that pay no taxes and happy to vote to take any new entitlement. On local community groups here they are now propagating how to inform illegals where to get County paid attorneys (aka using our tax dollars) to fight deportation.

That leaves Lily Qi, Hamza Khan and Anis Ahmed. These last three might be the lesser of evils, so give them your vote and we'll figure out what to do in the general!

Dig a bit, all fervent antis. Dumais is a lock, is about all I'll speculate of the rest.

klutch

Mar 27, 2018
    I guess NRA didn't get the easy 411 on my district, below are graded " ? " by NRA. District 15 is fun, just throw a dart..

Lily Qi

How about Andy Van Wye?

Amy Frieder

Hamza Khan?

Well if you are reading NRA, you can put down some more F's very easy. For those unfamiliar with 15, it is Kathy Dumais district, and she is a shoe in. Current delegate "Free trip to India" Miller is running for Congress which opened up a bunch people trying to wedge in her seat. Kevin Mack another candidate writes that MGA passed Shades law in 2018, I think he's mistaken.

So I guess we're probably SOL in D. 15.!

klutch

Mar 27, 2018
    Sure, and easily defeated in my district. When it comes to spending, the votes here are split now between bleeding heart elites that we should all give government more, then those voters that pay no taxes and happy to vote to take any new entitlement. On local community groups here they are now propagating how to inform illegals where to get County paid attorneys (aka using our tax dollars) to fight deportation.

Dig a bit, all fervent antis. Dumais is a lock, is about all I'll speculate of the rest.

I wish there was better information as many of the pro-gun sites I've seen offer little information on candidates views. The NRA had WAAAYY too many question marks!

klutch

Mar 27, 2018
    Somewhere, probably in the 1302 thread, are two pictures of the board from the floor vote that night. They were taken roughly two minutes apart. The first has Bromwell voting FOR 1302, the second has him voting against it.

This is commonly where critters are allowed to change their vote if they voted mistakenly, or can find the opportunity for political cover by changing a vote that allows them to claim one thing while having hoped and supported another.

Again, Bromwell is far and away the best Democrat on 2A running for Delegate in District 8. Were I a Democrat, I would absolutely vote for him, and have in the past. He won't get my vote in the general for a few reasons.

EDIT: Please see the following two posts. One vote taken at 9:52, the other at 9:54. Bromwell's vote is among those changed.

https://www.mdshooters.com/showpost.php?p=5176033&postcount=1498
    https://www.mdshooters.com/showpost.php?p=5176056&postcount=1505

OK, now did also you notice Glen Glass also had his finger on the 'green' button?

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    I wish there was better information as many of the pro-gun sites I've seen offer little information on candidates views. The NRA had WAAAYY too many question marks!

Maryland Shall Issue wanted to do something like this in the past, but due to lack of resources (people) to collect the information and parse it, they have yet to do so. Perhaps those here complaining about the NRA ratings might like to volunteer a couple of hours a week during the Legislative session, to track and grade bills and those Delegates and Senators that vote on them. Maybe even come up with the rating system to be used by MSI?

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    Dittos for me. What's the point in this fvcking state.

There still some worthy of receiving my vote.

I will gladly cast a ballot for Justin Ready. When he inadvertently sponsored a gun-grabbing bill, he removed his name from it at the next committee meeting (and publicly acknowledged his mistake to me and many of us), unlike Krebs who doubled down on the stupid several times, and then only changed her vote when saw the Frosh hit the fan.

hobiecat590

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2016
    Steve Waugh did something similar to his credit

I will gladly cast a ballot for Justin Ready. When he inadvertently sponsored a gun-grabbing bill, he removed his name from it at the next committee meeting (and publicly acknowledged his mistake to me and many of us), unlike Krebs who doubled down on the stupid several times, and then only changed her vote when saw the Frosh hit the fan.

Bailey sent a postcard alleging that Waugh sponsored legislation about the creation of a gun database. What Waugh's intention was to show that illegal guns were used almost exclusively in crimes v/s legally procured weapons since MD does not track this stat. The Baltimore sheriff finally admitted as much, and Waugh withdrew the bill. Also beware the NRA ratings for candidates. Hogan has joined the NRA in a push to remove Waugh because he voted against one of Hogan's veto's (our governor does not tolerate dissent in the ranks). The NRA gave Waugh a "C" rating since he did not toe the line in all issues. Of course the NRA does not explain the rating. I wonder if this had anything to do w/ the bump stock legislation that the NRA endorsed before being crucified by their membership.
    Finally, Waugh voted against 1302, NOT for it as implied by Bailey's disingenuous postcard that I admit was effective enough to change my vote until investigated each of their snarky "what was he thinking?" allegations. I suppose I should be used to politicians lying to besmirch their opponents in this day and age. I urge you to contact his office for any questions regarding his position on issues as I did last night and received a call back this morning. Steve Waugh has my vote for state senator.

klutch

Mar 27, 2018
    Maryland Shall Issue wanted to do something like this in the past, but due to lack of resources (people) to collect the information and parse it, they have yet to do so. Perhaps those here complaining about the NRA ratings might like to volunteer a couple of hours a week during the Legislative session, to track and grade bills and those Delegates and Senators that vote on them. Maybe even come up with the rating system to be used by MSI?

I'd be willing to do it!

klutch

Mar 27, 2018

If Krebs makes it past 'Round 1', I still advise a vote for her! You DO NOT want the lone Dem (who's a vile anti-gunner) to somehow 'sneak in'! Carroll County DOES NOT need another Ellen Willis-Miller!

dogbone

Ultimate Member
    Nov 14, 2011
    GTT - Gone To Texas
    DISTRICT 42: REPUBLICANS: In sub-district 42B, Justin Kinsey and either Tim Robinson or Nick Mangione are your best bests. Thwart victory from Raymond Bocelli! This will be a district to keep an eye on!

I can personally vouch for Tim Robinson's stance on 2A. He has testified on our side in Annapolis several times and understands the Second isn't about defending ourselves from the ferocious deer.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Few hours away bump.

Put mine on paper and mailed it in. I trust voting machines as much as I trust MD's (dot)Gov. My hope is that there are slightly better odds of my vote being properly attributed if it's on an actual ballot somewhere.

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    I've worked with Kinsey in the fire department for some time. Has always impressed me as a man of logic and reason.

klutch

Mar 27, 2018
    I can personally vouch for Tim Robinson's stance on 2A. He has testified on our side in Annapolis several times and understands the Second isn't about defending ourselves from the ferocious deer.

With West, Robinson and Mangione advancing to the General, this race WILL be a critical key battle!! If you're in an adjacent district with little to no competition and want to get involved where it will make a difference, this would be the place to do it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mantis

Latest threads

Top Bottom