• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • md_06unltd

Oct 26, 2016
    Sugarloaf
    So, I used an ammo bot to find some cheap 9mm winchester ball ammo to use at the range. Ended up using a company called "Ammo Liquidators" The company looks to have a pretty legit website https://ammoliquidator.com/

When I placed my order, I got an immediate email reply thanking me for my order and that shipping info would follow. Waited a few days and nothing. Logged back into the site and it said my order was being "processed."

To cut to the chase, after a week and a half, I decided to google the company reviews and came across this https://www.facebook.com/pg/ammoliquidator/reviews/ (check most recent and scroll through, looks like they are posting pos reviews to offset the neg ones). Needless to say its been downhill ever since. I was able to contact the company through facebook and they said my order would ship the next day, but nope, it didnt, nor the day after. I also googled their address and found out it is nothing more than a mail drop (Spokane Virtual Office Co)

Based on the others reviews, I will be cancelling my order, probably via a "dispute charge" with visa. But it really burns me up that this business can still be taking orders and peoples money without delivering the product.

So my question is, who regulates ammunition sales? Is this ATF, or do I file a complaint with the FBI because it involves interstate commerce of a firearm product?

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    They are a legitimate company, but they only have a 2.5/5 star rating on AmmoSeek (28 reviews). I have rarely bought .22 ammo from them maybe once or twice. A rating that low usually means they are not very reliable in communications and likely don't have timely shipping. I can't look at the reviews because I never bothered to join, but if you want to then you can say what people say about them. Most suppliers never get very many reviews and 28 is a lot so likely others have had issues. The place on there I buy from regular is LAX Ammunition. Love their 147g 9mm reloads.

md_06unltd

Oct 26, 2016
    Sugarloaf
    They are a legitimate company, but they only have a 2.5/5 star rating on AmmoSeek (28 reviews).

I don't doubt they are a legitimate (licensed) company, but they are definitely running some type of scam. They wasted no time in charging my cc to get the funds, so they may be floating money to fill other orders, or waiting till they get enough orders so they can buy direct in bulk, which would be fine if they told that to the customer up front. But when you take the money immediately and indicate your items are "in stock" you need to ship immediately. Its now been two business weeks.

I also think the "Virtual Office" speaks volumes. Probably just some guy operating out of his garage.

c4snipar

Ultimate Member
    Jul 21, 2014
    Montgomery County, MD
    I would just file it via your credit card company. You really think the FBI or ATF would care? They will tell you to call local PD to file a report and the local PD will look at you like you two heads.

md_06unltd

Oct 26, 2016
    Sugarloaf
    You want to file a compliant to the FBI or ATF because you're impatient?

I ordered from them years back never had an issue.

Interesting...they are telling their customers they are a new startup company. All the reviews are within the last 6 months and the reviews on ammo seek are scathing

If they didn't charge my card up front, and told me there would be a delay, I can work with that. If they don't do that, then it becomes fraud.

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    Maybe check a company's reviews first.

I'm a little suspicious that a company specializes in ammo "liquidating". Is there too much around and people not buying?

Bisleyfan44

Ultimate Member
    Jan 11, 2008
    Wicomico
    So my question is, who regulates ammunition sales? Is this ATF, or do I file a complaint with the FBI because it involves interstate commerce of a firearm product?

YOU and US as consumers regulate these things. By doing just what you've done-relaying your experience to others. We don't need or want ANY .gov regulating anything especially gun-related any more than they already are.

Dispute it through VISA, do better PRE-PURCHASE research, shop elsewhere, and move on.

Damn, we're toast if as gunowners and freedom loving citizens, we run to some govt agency to step in as soon as we feel we've been wronged. Nothing personal OP, but we gotta lose the "govt as a solution to anything and everything" mentality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom