Official February 6th day of event thread.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BeSwift

Appleseed SI/State Coord
    Apr 15, 2008
    Overview of the day.. I Estimate 3k there. Senate building closed with hundreds out front rallying/signing the testimony book. Dwyer doing a kick*ss job. Proud to be a Marylander.. Left at 3.45.. Give em hell boys! BeSwift

MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD
    Still many folks here. Standing room only in both President's Conference Rooms, line to sign for testimony still circling the second floor.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    It was the MD Senate that moved the date ... fully knowing the other event could cause a problem

My hat is off to the combined agencies involved ... the presidential visit seem inconsequential during the most of the day.

WE are the story today, he is relegated to the sidelines as
    also there

dfens42

Publius
    Jun 7, 2012
    Free America-WV Province
    Wish I was there, I will keep checking this periodically, I leave DC around 7 tonight, if folks are still outside partying I am down to stop and bring some coffee or whatever, just let me know :)

Johnthetoolguy

Ultimate Member
    Feb 4, 2009
    Pasadena
    I want to thank all of you who went today. I was unable to attend because I have been at my job less than six months and have no time to take off.
    Please don't harass me. I have a friend who did go today that has been harassing me since Monday. :sign13:

o4twinpeaks

Dec 17, 2011
    Couldn't get off work to go but at 11am was traveling towards the bay bridge on 50 and the traffic was backed up single file from rowe blvd to 97. Everyone trying to get to the meeting! Good 5 miles of people waiting.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    I want to thank all of you who went today. I was unable to attend because I have been at my job less than six months and have no time to take off.

You have no reason to be ashamed. Everyone has to do what they must to put food on the table.

Calling/emailing/writing your elected representatives is just as important. Keep the heat turned up.

I talked to quite a few today, who were complaining about he volume they were receiving.

nerd

nerdy mcnerderson
    this was absolutely amazing. and i have something to say about the crowd...i've never been involved in a rally like this, and i want to applaud the lot of you. everyone was polite, respectful, chatty, and just plain NICE. thanks for helping to put a human face on what so many think is an evil monster, guys.

Gambler

¿Got Freedom?
    Oct 30, 2011
    Parkville
    Not being able to be there today, I've been listening to the live audio. You guys are doing a fantastic job testifying! I only wish our pro-gun legislators were asking better questions, I'm squirming in my chair when they miss great opportunities.

JPG

Ultimate Member
    Aug 5, 2012
    Calvert County
    Just got back home. Dwyer cut us off from going into the Senate Building. Couple in front were the last to get it. Four of us behind them were saying that we would be cut off while in line....... might go play the lottery tonight.

Missed it by this much :mad54:

Dwyer said this is the FIRST time that the building had been shut since he has been there. Also said that when the paid unions show up the crowd is not as large.

He also provided a sign up sheet that he was going to present to the Committee opposing support to the bill. The people on this list will be contacted for when the Delegates take up the bill.

Just5Guy

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Carroll Co.
    Just got home (had to pick up my 6-month old from daycare). What an amazing turnout, I am proud of all of us today. Thanks to those who showed up, and even those who couldn't show up, but continue the work. As was said at the rally, today is not Day 10, today is Day 1, keep up the fight. The legislatures think that the emails/phone calls/visits are going to stop after today. Keep it coming!

Crab Bait

Ultimate Member
    Mar 2, 2011
    Pasadena
    I went but couldn't stay all day. I turned in written testimony a little after 10, attended the rally until almost 1, then stood in line to get back in and hear testimony, which turned out to be pretty much a waste because I couldn't get close enough to hear anything. So I left. I know they'll just stack the written testimony and then recycle it, but I think they might at least count up the ones for and against.

When I got back in after the rally, the overflow room was already spilling out the doors. There were 12 rows of 12 (maybe 13) seats on both sides of the room - so about 300 chairs - all taken. People standing all around the edges of the room. People standing in the doorways trying to hear. People in the outer room. So maybe 500 right there. Also, there was still a line all the way across the first floor (end to end and that was LONG), then it went up the stairs, and if it was like the line in the morning, meandered back and forth around the second floor. So hundreds more still in line to sign up (allegedly they were still allowing everyone to sign so they could see the for v. against numbers) to testify, even though they knew they wouldn't get called.

When I finally did leave there was still a line of people waiting to get in that went through the courtyard, down the road to Lawyers Mall, and around the corner.

The crowd was huge compared to the 19th... the pics don't do it justice. The turnout seemed constantly divided between the rally and waiting in line to sign up to testify.

We showed our numbers and our spirit today. I think the next step is to e-mail/call/meet our legislators again to emphasize what our numbers and dedication could accomplish in the next election if necessary.

BigSteve57

Ultimate Member
    Feb 14, 2011
    Just got home...

I went with a friend this morning. We sat for about an hour on rt 50 at exit 24 but made it to the stadium parking about 11AM. The shuttle ride was quick and the crowd was elbow room only when we got to the rally.

We listened. We hollered. We cheered. We booed. We clapped.

We also managed to fit in a nice lunch at McGarvey's then headed back to the rally. On the way back I picked up some fudge at Kilwin's on Main St. Gotta take care of the home front dontcha know. :D

At least the weather cooperated.

Attachments

• IMG_3118.jpg
      IMG_3118.jpg
      53.2 KB · Views: 372
    • IMG_3112.jpg
      IMG_3112.jpg
      53.1 KB · Views: 377

Mr H

Banana'd
    Got into town just ahead of the rush, at about 10:10, but blocked off from getting to the stadium. Parked in a garage on Calvert St, 3 block walk.

On the way in, I passed Frederick Co. Sheriff Jenkins. Reintroduced myself, and said had thought he recognized me. Congratulated him on all he's doing, and some other chit-chat.

Took up station on Lawyers Mall at about 11, handing out MSI "Guns Save Lives" stickers and answering questions for folks passing by.

Talked to a couple Delegates briefly, including Mike Smigiel, who was most appreciative we were out there.

I met a retired Baltimore City PD officer, and we got to talking. When he forst joined the force, he said, he was firmly of the mind that "No one needs guns", and the police had things under control. By the time he retired, he was convinced that "Everyone needs guns!"

As I was heading back to the car, and passing the Senate building, I see Del. Dwyer waving his arms and calling the hundreds from the street up to the stairs. That was when he announced that the building had, for the first time ever, been closed due to the overwhelming turnout.

He was working with the police to make sure that anyone who had already signed up to testify would be allowed back in the building, and that signup sheets would be circulated outside so that everyone could be on record for their position, as part of the bill record.

All-in-all, an amazing day for what seems to be in excess of 3000 people defending their rights.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom