• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    Not 40 mins, but we put in at Wye Landing this morning and fished the river and Shaw Bay with spinning gear, topwater plug (for me all morning) and jigging (my buddy) from a jonboat. We slayed em all morning long, took our time picking our 4 keepers and had a blast. It doesn't get much better! :beer:

Sunrise on the Wye....

Attachments

• IMG_3606 small.jpg
      IMG_3606 small.jpg
      69.7 KB · Views: 472
    • IMG_3608 small.jpg
      IMG_3608 small.jpg
      121.4 KB · Views: 507

ChrisD

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2013
    Conowingo
    Worked on a friend's commercial boat yesterday, he has a small rockfish quota. We about filled it yesterday. Bite was wide open.

image.jpg

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    We went again this morning in Shaw Bay.. not quite as exciting as yesterday, but we caught some good fish today, a couple in the mid 20's on light spinning rods and swim shads... what a blast! We had an extra angler today, so we got to keep a couple more. :party29:

Here was one of the first nice ones we caught and one happy dude on the rod... :lol2: (sorry, sucky cell phone pic)

Attachments

• IMG_3611 small.jpg
      IMG_3611 small.jpg
      62.5 KB · Views: 351

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    Not 40 mins, but we put in at Wye Landing this morning and fished the river and Shaw Bay with spinning gear, topwater plug (for me all morning) and jigging (my buddy) from a jonboat. We slayed em all morning long, took our time picking our 4 keepers and had a blast. It doesn't get much better! :beer:

Sunrise on the Wye....

We went again this morning in Shaw Bay.. not quite as exciting as yesterday, but we caught some good fish today, a couple in the mid 20's on light spinning rods and swim shads... what a blast! We had an extra angler today, so we got to keep a couple more. :party29:

Here was one of the first nice ones we caught and one happy dude on the rod... :lol2: (sorry, sucky cell phone pic)

That's a great time right there.

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    Black Friday was probably my last trip out til next spring... caught a few keepers with my son-in-law, had a blast jiggin them on light tackle again. Caught a few the week before as well, but didn't get any pics.

Here is one from Friday, barely hooked, as you can see from the second pic. He was a 28" fish and fought hard for about 5 mins on light tackle... lucky to get him in the boat, sure glad my SIL reminded me to check the drag on the rod I had grabbed earlier, would never have landed him otherwise... :lol2:

It's been a great season for me for stripers, hope I can match it next year! :D

Attachments

• IMG_3637 small.jpg
      IMG_3637 small.jpg
      62.8 KB · Views: 236
    • barely hooked.jpg
      barely hooked.jpg
      37.8 KB · Views: 343

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    We are headed out today for our last striper trip of the year. Going out of Harrington Harbor.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Hope you did well, there are a lot of fish out there right now.. :thumbsup:

Birds everywhere! Fish, well... best fish was 19'':envy: The bite was nonexistent for the second outing this fall. Only a hand full of boats all of us focusing on feeding birds. Lots of bait fish, but there didn't seem to be many feeding fish busting on them. We fished from Harrington Harbor almost to the power plant. Hope others do better than we did. Marked plenty of fish, we just couldn't get them to bite.

Trepang

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2015
    Southern Illinois
    Oregon Inlet, NC the Friday after Thanksgiving.

Attachments

• 25 Nov 16 NC 1.jpg
      25 Nov 16 NC 1.jpg
      101.2 KB · Views: 404
    • 25 Nov NC 2.jpg
      25 Nov NC 2.jpg
      52.2 KB · Views: 374
    • Ahi 3.jpg
      Ahi 3.jpg
      68.1 KB · Views: 362
    • Ahi 1.jpg
      Ahi 1.jpg
      80.8 KB · Views: 410
    • Ahi 2.jpg
      Ahi 2.jpg
      79.5 KB · Views: 389

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    Got this 22lber today from the kayak. Took me for a hell of a ride! Got it at Rocky Gorge.
    019bdb568940344eff51f933e937e8a7.jpg
    8798bb08e5baf7f97d5415af0a146e28.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's ridiculous. Great work man.
    I thought the resi closed the 15th. Now I know I have another week or so left. Thanks!

c4snipar

Ultimate Member
    Jul 21, 2014
    Montgomery County, MD
    Got some perch last weekend and it was pretty fun. I have heard of Indian river inlet in Delaware is a good place to fish, just wondering if they got some togs or whatever is biting now.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_0689.jpg
      IMG_0689.jpg
      113.1 KB · Views: 189

kstone803

Official Meat Getter
    Feb 25, 2009
    Ltown in the SMC
    Got some perch last weekend and it was pretty fun. I have heard of Indian river inlet in Delaware is a good place to fish, just wondering if they got some togs or whatever is biting now.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Best eating fish in the bay right there. Mind if I ask where you caught em?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom