Moving out of state when waiting on stamps?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GoldGunsGirls

May 30, 2012
    Rockville
    I'm considering picking up my first suppressor, but I am also potentially moving out of MD when my lease is up next summer. It will depend on lots of factors, but it is a real possibility. So even if I were to file today, there's a reasonable chance the stamps don't come back before I pick up and move out. What happens then? I'm assuming I'll have to file for a new stamp and new transfer to my new state of residence, which means another $200 and the wait period starts all over again?

What if I have a trust and have a MD resident (family or close friend) on the trust but I live out of MD? Does that solve any issues?

Thanks

Sharpeneddark

Ultimate Member
    Mar 20, 2013
    Westminster
    There is a form listed in the stickies about going across state lines with NFA items. It's form 5320.20. You'd fill it out and send it in. Think of it as a change of address form. You do not have to wait for the 5320.20 to come back approved for a suppressor, as no laws regulate the crossing of suppressors across state lines. So if you move, take the can with you and fill out the form. Or contact the ATF directly and ask them for guidance.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    There is a form listed in the stickies about going across state lines with NFA items. It's form 5320.20. You'd fill it out and send it in. Think of it as a change of address form. You do not have to wait for the 5320.20 to come back approved for a suppressor, as no laws regulate the crossing of suppressors across state lines. So if you move, take the can with you and fill out the form. Or contact the ATF directly and ask them for guidance.

He is talking about moving BEFORE he gets possession of the suppressor.

While the Form 4 is still pending.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ESM07

Latest threads

Top Bottom