• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Neutron

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2014
    severna park
    There are no sane or logical permanent residents of the USVI. At least when I was there. I think there all inbred and contaminated with lead poisoning from the water.

Careful Doco, my brother lives on St.Thomas and I can assure you he is neither inbred nor contaminated with lead poisoning.

paxfish

Ultimate Member
    Nov 11, 2008
    Culvert & Points West
    When I lived in St Thomas you were subject to local law. Guilty until proven innocent and all that like Europe. Cruzan 151, 90 cents a quart. Drinking water that wasn't collected in a cistern, 4.50 a gallon. Gas about the same for a liter.

You must be really old! in 1980, a quart of regular Cruzan white or gold was $1.29.....

:)

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    Careful Doco, my brother lives on St.Thomas and I can assure you he is neither inbred nor contaminated with lead poisoning.

Every body except your bro, maybe they painted the roofs with lead free paint by now. Or maybe he can afford to have the water that comes in from sub base shipped up the mountain. I'm not that old! I was there doing line work for WAPO and didn't pay tourist prices in like 86. Lived at the Embers Guest house south of Hull Bay and hung out near Red Hook. The WAPO plant on the other side of the mountain from the airport was like something out of a Bond flick. What a crazy place. A bunch of white guys drinking and doing sticking jobs. We was crazy like F$&@" me son.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Remember they are not a state so their might be different laws in effect their.. I hope Fredricksted and Christansted are not damaged to much. I was their for 16 days with a group of 45 collage students after Hugo went thru in the mid 80's. We replaced 18 roofs and half a church roof while we were their.. had a blast
    Terrible fvcking grammar.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Wonder if the President can issue an emergency order for US territories in the event of a natural disaster, prep for one, etc that would also counteract this one's directive to go disarm the populace.

gamer_jim

Podcaster
    Feb 12, 2008
    Hanover, PA
    In 2016 a case in the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands (CNMI) a federal judge found the 2A applied.

https://www.saf.org/federal-judge-rules-northern-mariana-islands-handgun-ban-violates-2a/

"BELLEVUE, WA – The Second Amendment Foundation today won a major victory when a federal judge for the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands (CNMI) declared the commonwealth’s ban on handguns to be unconstitutional under the Second Amendment.

CNMI is governed under “a Covenant to Establish a Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands in Political Union with the United States of America,” according to the ruling, written by Chief Judge Ramona V. Manglona. She noted that several provisions of the Constitution are applicable to the Commonwealth through that Covenant, including the Second Amendment."

I don't know if, or how, this applies to the US Virgin Islands, but I bet SAF could make a case against them and probably win.

WeaponsCollector

EXTREME GUN OWNER
    Mar 30, 2009
    Southern MD
    This is exactly why smart people build their own guns from 80% lowers, and buy guns with cash through face to face private sales.
    The ONLY reason any government wants to know what guns you have is to be able to take them away!!!
    That's why the gun grabbers have been trying so hard to pass "universal background checks" and ban all private sales.
    Of course as a history nut I figured this out many years ago.:D

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    Tucker laying into Kenneth Mapp (USVI Gov) right now on gun seizure.

Dancing around his statements.

Mr H

Banana'd
    Governor of USVI is trying to explain the so-called confiscation order, and is pretty clear that the NG might need something to keep order that the government forces might not have, they can appropriate from alternate sources with compensation, and is not a disarmament of the people (which he agrees he has no authority to do).

Tucker is being uncharacteristically obtuse. He finally seemed to understand the Governor's position.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    Governor of USVI is trying to explain the so-called confiscation order, and is pretty clear that the NG might need something to keep order that the government forces might not have, they can appropriate from alternate sources with compensation, and is not a disarmament of the people (which he agrees he has no authority to do).

Tucker is being uncharacteristically obtuse. He finally seemed to understand the Governor's position.

Then, why did the entire rest of the world read and understand it the way Tucker did? The Governor sounds like he's spinning as fast as he can.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    The tendency is to write everything as broadly as possible to give themselves maximum authority and flexibility, and rarely is it put to the test or do they get called on it. This time, he did.

jrhzn

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 17, 2017

Agreed, lived there a long time! Very nice people... There is no logical reason to consficate firearms from law abiding citizens. If ever there was a need for someone to have legal ownership of a firearm it would be to deal with the aftermath of this moster hurricane.

jrhzn

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 17, 2017

"Cold dead hands" - it is for situations just like this why many folks own firearms, the prepare, they invest and the government can just come in and take their possesions? I don't think so.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    Somebody needs a bitch slap down there.
    I pay taxes so if the National Guard doesn't have what it needs during a natural disaster then that's not my problem. They certainly don't need my guns. Never going to happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom