• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • retafshooter

Apr 28, 2014
    West Elkridge
    I was shooting some Rage Broadheads at AGC yesterday at the Block Target they have set up there. I was surprised that the Rage didn't open up. Anyone know if that is normal for the Block Classic layered target?

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I admit it. I didn't watch the vid yet. Why aren't you shooting the practice heads?

retafshooter

Apr 28, 2014
    West Elkridge
    I admit it. I didn't watch the vid yet. Why aren't you shooting the practice heads?

I have shot the practice heads a lot. But thought I would see how the real ones fly in relation to the different distance reticles on the scope. I have been noting that the practice heads don't seem to match those reticle lines/dots.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I have shot the practice heads a lot. But thought I would see how the real ones fly in relation to the different distance reticles on the scope. I have been noting that the practice heads don't seem to match those reticle lines/dots.
    How did the actual broadheads fly in comparison to the faux heads...or should I watch the yt when I get home?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Watched it. Maybe there isn't enough surface tension to deploy the blades, that and maybe the stop is a bit shot out? Just guessing.

retafshooter

Apr 28, 2014
    West Elkridge
    How did the actual broadheads fly in comparison to the faux heads...or should I watch the yt when I get home?

The hunting rage heads seemed to shoot about the same as the practice heads. Both were about 2-3" high shooting the 40 yard dot. But I have a very small sample to judge so far. Plan more practice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    The hunting rage heads seemed to shoot about the same as the practice heads. Both were about 2-3" high shooting the 40 yard dot. But I have a very small sample to judge so far. Plan more practice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Question, where does the 30yd reticle hit in relation to the yardage? Where does the 30yd ret. hit from 40yds? What is the spread? Would it be better to go with holdover?

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    Double check the type of rage broadheads.

There are 2 kinds:
    Rubber gasket does not deploy
    Shock collar, deploys every time.

Both have the same name, and vastly different performances

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Double check the type of rage broadheads.

There are 2 kinds:
    Rubber gasket does not deploy
    Shock collar, deploys every time.

Both have the same name, and vastly different performances
    He said they were "Crossbow" Rages. Do they make both types for xbows?

retafshooter

Apr 28, 2014
    West Elkridge
    I just discovered this morning...

That Rage makes two different shock collars for the crossbow. On my older Rage broadheads they came with the black "X-tream SHOCK COLLAR."
    The newer ones that I ordered from Amazon came with some RED ones, even though the Amazon page showed them having the older black ones. (see photo)

The one that I shot on Wednesday was the one on the right (the new one with the red shock collar. Here is the explanation that Rage gives for this RED one:

"Rage Hypodermic Crossbow high energy SHOCK COLLARS prevent the blades on your Rage Hypodermic Crossbow broadheads from prematurely deploying if you happen to bump your arrow or broadhead while on stand or stalking. High energy SHOCK COLLARS are designed to break upon impact and will need to be replaced after each shot. Blades should rest on the solid portion of the SHOCK COLLAR, not in the cuts. Inspect the SHOCK COLLAR for any damage prior to use to ensure proper function. Approximate quantity is 15-20 per container."

I also just noted that they tell you to line up the blades with the solid portion of the collar, NOT with the slots. That is news to me.

And my story will continue....later.

Attachments

• IMG_6483.jpg
      IMG_6483.jpg
      43.8 KB · Views: 126

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    mechanicals (Rage, NAP Spitfire) deploy for me with foam targets or the Block "Vault" target. On the Classic, they sometimes do not. But, if they do - or I use standard thunderheads - the broadheads will tear all the way through the classic with my crossbow, sometimes damaging the arrow. Depends on how powerful you bow is. They absolutely do deploy in deer, I have never lost one.

retafshooter

Apr 28, 2014
    West Elkridge
    Followup results with the BLACK shock collar

I got a chance to use the Rage with the Black Shock Collar yesterday. See it opened up at the end of this video:

Attachments

• RageBroadheadOpened.jpg
      RageBroadheadOpened.jpg
      53.1 KB · Views: 93

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads